Wings West Body Kit Pontiac Sunfire 95 - 99 2 door - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wings West Body Kit Pontiac Sunfire 95 - 99 2 door
Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:08 PM
is there ANY chance this would fit a 2001 sunfire GT in any way?

Re: Wings West Body Kit Pontiac Sunfire 95 - 99 2
Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:14 PM
you won't have any problems with the front and rear bumpers... but since you have a GT, your side skirts are gonna give you trouble. the stock GT side skirts are held on by push rivets or something like that, so there are holes in your quarter panels, fenders and doors that will be there when you put on the WW side skirts. you'd have to get them welded shut and repaint pretty much most of your car. $$$.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:42 PM
Actually if your talking about the wings west kit its front and rear lips for a 95-99 se bumper, so it would not be a direct bolt on, it would take some tweaking as the 2k bumpers are way different shapes then the pre 2k bumpers. Cannon is right about the sides tho, ton of work

Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:57 PM
ok totally not worth it for me then, but for anyone in canada there is the Wings West Body Kit for $99 US on ebay, a clearance item from a store in canada, what a deal..... thanks for the info

Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:26 PM
I wish they would state some specifics on it. They say it might be Urethane, but not sure. I can't have a fiberglass kit, it would be broken the first week. I would love to get it, but then I would have to paint my whole car. I'm broke
Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:13 PM
Its wings west so its urethane, and you would just need to have the kit paintmatched, a reputable body shop should be able to do it for you, i would have bought it if i wasn;t broke and made the rear lip fit my car

Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:28 PM
Laffs99GT wrote:Actually if your talking about the wings west kit its front and rear lips for a 95-99 se bumper, so it would not be a direct bolt on, it would take some tweaking as the 2k bumpers are way different shapes then the pre 2k bumpers. Cannon is right about the sides tho, ton of work

oh yeah, you're right, it is just a lip kit. i knew that too, but for some reason i was thinking it was an actual body kit that replaced the bumpers and side skirts. i just had a brain fart, lol.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:43 PM
why cant u just buy 95-99 bumpers? id think theyd be pretty cheap at a wrecker

Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:53 PM
Laffs99GT wrote:Its wings west so its urethane, and you would just need to have the kit paintmatched, a reputable body shop should be able to do it for you, i would have bought it if i wasn;t broke and made the rear lip fit my car

I looked at the same kit on Andys Auto Sport. Sure enough, it is fiberglass. That is the main reason I'm not interested. Unless fiberglass is more durable than people make it out to be...

Post Edited (12-11-05 10:43 PM)
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:54 PM
tylEr wrote:
Laffs99GT wrote:Its wings west so its urethane, and you would just need to have the kit paintmatched, a reputable body shop should be able to do it for you, i would have bought it if i wasn;t broke and made the rear lip fit my car

I looked at the same kit on URL=http://www.andysautosport.com/product/exterior/body_kits/wings_west?_v=vmd00361]Andys Auto Sport[/URL]. Sure enough, it is fiberglass. That is the main reason I'm not interested. Unless fiberglass is more durable than people make it out to be...

Messed up on the link
Sunday, December 11, 2005 9:03 PM
WTF i thought wings west was all urethane, huh. But fiberglass may not be as durable as urethane but imo its easier to work with/on in the case of custom fitting

Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:00 PM
ask the seller on ebay if there fiberglass or urathane. looks like a pretty cool lip kit tho.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:12 PM
I love lip kits lol, esp on phase one sunfires

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search