CF hood storage??? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CF hood storage???
Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:13 AM
Ok, I just took my CF hood off for winter and I am gonna store it my house away from the cold. My question is if I lean it against a wall with the headlight part at the top will it warp sitting like that all winter or will it be ok?? Thats my only option, I have a dog that would probably walk on it if I leave it flat on the floor, and the wife won't let me hang it on the wall anywhere

Thanks.

Re: CF hood storage???
Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:41 AM
i sure hope it'll be fine propped up against a wall... cause mine is, lol. i have a couple socks between the hood and the wall where it's leaning against it and a blanket over the whole thing so i don't accidently scratch it (cause it's right next to my computer).

Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:57 PM
Do CF hoods not go well in the Winter then?

Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:31 PM
I guess if it was a problem, you could rotate it every few days to prevent warping.
Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:01 PM
Thanks for your help. I never thought to turn it every few days thats a good idea. I guess thats what i will do then.

I don't know that the cold is a big issue but I have heard that it has warped some peoples hoods around here. I don't know if its the cold, i would have to guess its the cold on the top and the bottom being warmed by the motor that would cause it, it would get to be a big temp. difference. So better safe than sorry. I do live in minnesota where its not uncommon for it to get down to 20 below at night.
Monday, December 12, 2005 11:22 AM
wouldnt it fit laying flat under your bed?
thats where mine is

www.cardomain.com/id/pondsz24
Monday, December 12, 2005 11:30 AM
i leave mine on. winter doesnt hurt it. of course the car doesnt move in the winter, it just sits

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:34 AM
Mine sits on top of the air hockey table and when we wanna play air hockey then we just simply move it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search