license plate suggestions? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
license plate suggestions?
Sunday, December 11, 2005 12:20 AM
does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount a front license plate on a bomex front fascia? I found out the hard way that the cops around here a picky about that. didnt know they could pull me over for only failure to display.

Re: license plate suggestions?
Sunday, December 11, 2005 12:32 AM
magnets

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:57 AM
Can't you just put it up in your front windshield? I got into an argument with a cop about this in illinois once and i won, but I dont know what state your in, or if the cop mighta just given up because I argued respectfully.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:25 AM
i am surprised you were permitted to leave it in the windshield...but in MD, it must be displayed on the front bumper.

though...i question why you'd want to leave it in the windshield, anyway. imagine the damage that would do to YOU if you got into the right kind of accident...that sucker could slice your head off.

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:20 AM
zipties.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:35 AM
^^^^^^

On Mythbusters they did that type of test. An objest on the dashboard, or in the rear window area doesnt have enough mass to kill someone they concluded.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Sunday, December 11, 2005 9:42 AM
Rob S wrote:^^^^^^

On Mythbusters they did that type of test. An objest on the dashboard, or in the rear window area doesnt have enough mass to kill someone they concluded.

um, watch the episode again... a tissue box doesn't have enough mass to inflict harm, but did you see what the larger items did to their test box? besides, that was on the rear dash, the front dash is much different. a license plate sitting on your front dash is a very dangerous thing and CAN easily cause harm.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:02 AM
But it could still injure you. And shes right in MD it must be attached to the front of the vehicle in a conspicuous place where it can be viewed easily.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:30 AM
if u got a kit on ur car n if u got a mesh kit y not just zip tie it to the mesh down in the corner ??? thats what i plan on doing keep it out of the way it looks nice n cops can't pull u over b/c u don't have a plate or it's not visable

Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:41 AM
its suppose to be on the FRONT MOST part of the car. i had mine in the top passenger side of the window with the visor fliped up to help secure it. thats what he said was its suppose to be the front most part of the car. i just got a warning and he didnt say much about my blue pulsing neons either, just that it brings extra attn and cops would notice at 1st glance i have no plate on the front. this is in texas.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:00 AM
If you hit someone/thing head on or someone hits you, then even if your car remains still, everything that isn't tied down inside the car will still be moving...the force is just transmitted. I used to get griped at all the time by my physics teacher in college because I'd put all my school books in either my back seat or the floor board in the back. The license plate might dislodge and come flying towards a passenger or you...depending on the angle which you got hit/hit something. There's all kinds of circumstances where it could hit you or a passenger.

*whew*...I'm tired now. I'd save the trouble of worrying about it (cause I don't think that it's too visible in your windshield anyways) and just do what I did when I had to have a front tag and ziptie it to the mesh in your front bumper, or whatever you've got.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:08 PM
I was thinking of zip tying it to the mesh before, that is what i saw at a local car show. but there isnt enough room for the license plate in the opening where the mesh is. that is why i mentioned that i have the bomex front fascia.

this isnt my car but it is the body kit i have. does anyone by chance know of a mount i can buy to put on it?
Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:30 PM
go down to autozone, pepboys, walmart, etc and see if they have a license plate bracket that will screw or rivet into the bumper.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:39 PM
put it on your windshield i live in texas and they dont ever say anything to me or the rest of us. It is very very very visible there...............................my opinion would not be to zip tie it or screw something into it.......its whatever just trying to help
Sunday, December 11, 2005 9:01 PM
If you don't think that a license plate on a dash board can't hurt you or your passenger, then check out this link.

Not for the weak stomach
http://

Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:42 PM
uh, you have to actually enter stuff in for a link... lol.

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:10 AM
^^ I was thinking the same thing.

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:20 AM
Yellow Rimed One wrote:its suppose to be on the FRONT MOST part of the car. i had mine in the top passenger side of the window with the visor fliped up to help secure it. thats what he said was its suppose to be the front most part of the car. i just got a warning and he didnt say much about my blue pulsing neons either, just that it brings extra attn and cops would notice at 1st glance i have no plate on the front. this is in texas.

Texas is a one plate state. Meaning you are only required to display on the rear. Even says so in the MV book. I used to live there and never had a front plate. I even lived next door to the local PD. Never got a ticket. Never had anybody say anything to me. The reason you didn't get a ticket is because he could not legaly give you a ticket for no front plate. He was just being an a$$.

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:24 AM
just get some screws and washer and fasten it to the opening. i thought the bomex kit came w/ a spot to mount plates. my trd kit has a spot right in the middle to mount plates. if there isnt enough room, trim the plate down. i know for my old drift rear the spot for the plate was too small so i had to cut my plate down to make it fit.

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:30 AM
Sorry I didn't answer before but I use zip ties too. never had a problem with them either.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, December 12, 2005 4:52 PM
Rob S wrote:^^^^^^

They also concluded on an episode you can avoid being shot by a Barrett .50 BMG if you get 3 feet under water in a pool. Thanks, but I'll take my chances on the trigger end of the rifle.

"Wenn ich gehen lasse von, was ich ich bin, werden Sie, was ich bedeutet werde, um zu sein."

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:04 PM
Extream 4door wrote:If you don't think that a license plate on a dash board can't hurt you or your passenger, then check out this link.

Not for the weak stomach
http://

For some reason its not working. Dead link?

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:21 AM
This is probably the only reason i like arkansas, they dont even give you a front plate, you only need a rear, and when i went to cali, they didnt like that.

04 Cav 2.2 Ecotec
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:43 AM
In New Mexico you only need to have a rear plate too
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:17 PM
I only get razzed about my lack of a front plate when I get pulled over for other things like speeding. Most cops have better things to do than bother about license plates. Like people who are speeding.

"Wenn ich gehen lasse von, was ich ich bin, werden Sie, was ich bedeutet werde, um zu sein."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search