installing z24 skirts on 4 door - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
installing z24 skirts on 4 door
Monday, November 28, 2005 10:00 AM
ok guys...i have a base model 4 door, and i already have the front and rear z24 bumpers on and they look great, but now i need to know how to properly install the side skirts. I know i need the retaining clips and i already have the screws, but how should i go about putting them on?

Re: installing z24 skirts on 4 door
Monday, November 28, 2005 12:40 PM
yo have to pull off the mud "flap things" and just tape it on and put the screws in and then drill the holes for the clips
Monday, November 28, 2005 12:42 PM
clean it really good. hold it up where you want it, drill the holes. get some GOOD (not cheap walmart crap) double sided tape. put it down the lenght of the side skirt. put it on. the put the screws in. don't necessarily NEED the clips, they're just another way to help hold it on.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 28, 2005 7:53 PM
What about useing a silicone or something instede of the 2 way tape; i am just thinking the 2 way tape would get wet and cause problems?
How do they install after market skirts forall you people with kits?

98 j-body sedan

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:12 AM
If you get exterior trim adhesive which is meant for that sort of thing it will be fine.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:26 AM
ya goto a paint store, get some 3M double sided tape

Mfg. Part # 06383

they all work, make sure u use a wax remover or 3m surface prep on both surfaces so you get a good bond.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:13 PM
before i worked at a bodyshop i used 2 way tape to hold down my grill parts on the hood of my IROC with the plastic speed nuts . bad idea at 160km i felt bad for the guy behind me i sold the car without them lol there are "super glues" that body shops have and autobody supply stores but if you ever need to take the skirts off this wouldn't be a good idea i have a 4-door and was thinking about the z-24 skirts awell don't you have to make them longer to fit? the best 2 way tape is from 3m i find We use that for decals to stay on and its water proof

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:16 PM
3M tape is what came on my Jegs Z24 badges...they've been on the car for 3 years and are still stuck...

also, james, there is no modification needed to the skirts to put them on a four door. the skirts that came stock on my z24 sedan are the same length as the one's on a z24 coupe.

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:44 PM
Jbodys are the same length, weather its a 2 door or sedan.
I wanted z24 skirts for my sedan, but ended up with oem sunfire sedan skirts, i will have to look for some good 3m tape; where is a good place to pick some up at?

98 j-body sedan

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:46 PM
everywhere...

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:46 PM
wally world or kame-a-part.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search