door poppers - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
door poppers
Monday, November 28, 2005 9:16 AM
hey guys got an autolock door popper kit onmy cavi and teh driver side door is stuck. the popper doesnt doesnt even fire. you can hear the brain clicking but the door is popping any ideas i would appreciate

'spit chew hits soldiers boot'
"thats a real nasty habit you got there"
"this stuff will make you a sexual tyransaur just like me"
jesse the body ventura in Predator

Re: door poppers
Monday, November 28, 2005 9:23 AM
Do you mean the popper or the solenoid? The popper is just a spring loaded little knob thing that pushes the door out. I wonder what poundage solenoid is in there... You might have a bad one.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, November 28, 2005 12:27 PM
no i mean the solenoid is not evening firing sorry bad wording

Monday, November 28, 2005 12:29 PM
is it wired correctly?? take it back out and use a battery from say a cordless drill, and just test it if ti don`t work it`s bad
i say auto loc is garbage i would suggest buying a spal kit

can i haz bondo
Monday, November 28, 2005 12:35 PM
autolock = teh suck

get spal

Monday, November 28, 2005 12:36 PM
Ive had autoloc door poppers for over a year now with no problems. You Just got a bad batch maybe.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, November 28, 2005 1:01 PM
this is xelphors car i bought the poppers have been in for over 2 years it just stopped working

Monday, November 28, 2005 1:09 PM
i heard alot of people have problems w/ auotloc's kits w/ the solenoids going bad and people replacing them constantly. ask flip how many times he replaced his stuff before switchin' to spal

Monday, November 28, 2005 1:10 PM
How i get the door open if the solenoid is bad

Monday, November 28, 2005 2:11 PM
is there a way to pop the door open without the popper working, i have no of getting to the solenoid right now and it is getting really old climbing over my center console to get out of my car.

Monday, November 28, 2005 2:22 PM
Um, not really, unless you took apart the door panel. Did you check and see if it isn't the relay or a fuse that's shot? Hit me up on aim - lanman31337 - it'll be so much easier.

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/lanman31337

Sponsored by:
JLCaudio.net

Monday, November 28, 2005 3:23 PM
You could install a hidden manual pull somewhere, I was planning on this when I eventually shave my doors.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, November 28, 2005 5:43 PM
if you are hearing the box clicking and not the soloind workin you have a bad ground
if you did wire the ground to the body or some where else then in side the door it will not work to the body yes inside the door no
if that isn`t it then ya have a bad solniond

can i haz bondo
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:24 PM
i'm stuck with a autoloc system too .(ppp35k) i haven't installed it yet waiting till spring. worse comes to worse can you change the solenoids to spal solenoids? and i think everyone has a back-up pull wire somewhere on there shaved car i hear the most common is the driver side front behing the plastic wheel well. i was going to go with the pass side or under the front clip but have it look like just any old ground wire.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:17 PM
OK I also have autoloc and the kit does suck. I had that same problem and I thought the solenoid was screwed but after taking it out and sanding off all the rust from the condesation and what not getting in the door it worked fine. Clean it all up and put some graphite spray on it but not too much or it won't work again. If I were you though I would get rid of that kit and get a spal kit.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 3:23 AM
rule #1 you pay for what you don't know about! use that in life read ask and use i paid $450 can, 5 bucks U.S. LOL for crap (autoloc) but even the autoparts guy said that was the one to go with! aghhhhh! anyways how can i cut my loses? I know it's a 50 lbs kit and a shout out to big daddy ya know your stuff and tell her no war she was right but so was i (i.e) sanding base... you said it your self you can... my problem was i wasn't thinking about the backyard painter rollers and brushers by the way binks is a good gun tricky but good t/c

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search