Hood touches headlights. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hood touches headlights.
Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:17 AM
I just noticed today that my hood actually touches the headlights.. I don't want it to mess them up and I also noticed that I can fit half my hand between the bumper and the bottom of the headlights. Any way to fix this? I tried messing around with the clip.. but it didn't work. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.

Re: Hood touches headlights.
Saturday, November 26, 2005 5:14 AM
little rubber stops under the hood.... adjust the on on the side thats hitting up a bit

Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:09 AM
he is right to a point, was the car in a accident?? is the core support bent down?? is it twisted down?? all of those factors can make or break gaps on a car
as far as the gap at the headlights i would remove the bumper and try to raise up the re-bar to eliminate the gap at the bumper to headlight
if that don`t work and if raising the hood bumper doesn`t work then ya got more problems with the car`s core support and the frame rails
so tell me if the car was ever hit??

can i haz bondo
Saturday, November 26, 2005 9:16 AM
My car had been in an accident, but it didn't touch the headlight.. just the passenger door and a small part of the fender. And what is the core support and the re-bar? I've adjusted the hood bumper, but I dont want the hood to sit above the fender.

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.
Saturday, November 26, 2005 9:53 AM
Sounds like the hood is hitting the headlights because the headlights are too high...

Saturday, November 26, 2005 10:11 AM
Yeah.. they are too high.. but I'm not sure how to make them lower...

Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:07 PM
cant you adjust those little black rubber things and the hood will sit higher?

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:19 PM
is the hood already flush with the fenders?.. are you sure the headligs are on correctly and the back of them are in th tabs? if the tabs are even there it nothing else twist the rubber things just a hair get some wood paint mixing sticks tape some together and stick them underneath ur bumper and the crush guard to hold it up more stiff

Monday, November 28, 2005 7:23 AM
How it the beam of light at night? Is it too high. If so, then the gap on the bottom is caused by the headlights sitting too high. To adjust get a screwdriver and pry up the little push tabs on top of the radiator cover. Remove the radiator cover. Get a torx bit to fit the headlight adjuster and turn it til you notice the headlamp lower. Better done in the garage at night so you can go out and check the beam.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search