What to do about mirrors? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What to do about mirrors?
Friday, November 25, 2005 6:31 PM
Alright well i got some mirrors off of e-gay for my convertible z24. not knowing but converitble mirrors are different then other mirrors (im pretty sure), when i installed the mirrors i had to do some adjustments and when i finaly got them to sit in right they were angled up a lot.

I dont like to keep much on my cars stock so i really dont want to keep the stock mirrors, and i dont like the apr (or whatever their called the racing tiny ones), or I can totaly shave the mirrors and have none (thats the look im going for on rest of the car (just all shaved). Give me some ideas, or opinions....

im leaning towards no mirrors?

Re: What to do about mirrors?
Friday, November 25, 2005 6:45 PM
Isnt no mirrors illegal everywhere?

I know he loop hole in the NY law, but i dont know about it every where else.

Why dont you remod the base so it sits straight out not up?

Friday, November 25, 2005 6:52 PM
whats the loophole in the NY law?

Friday, November 25, 2005 7:19 PM
who cares if its against the law, its a show car, i mean.... mirrors wont stop me from a mod if you get what im saying lol
Friday, November 25, 2005 7:29 PM
Blue ACE wrote:who cares if its against the law, its a show car, i mean.... mirrors wont stop me from a mod if you get what im saying lol

I guess its a trailer queen then. Oh well.

Chris2Pher wrote:
whats the loophole in the NY law?

The loop hole is in order to have no side mirrors, your rear view mirror needs to have a compensationtory manner.

In another words, you pretty much have to have a rear view center mirror so long that it would compensate for the lack of side mirrors.

I believe NASCAR has the really long mirrors that stretch from one side to the other.

Friday, November 25, 2005 8:04 PM
eh i dont think shaved mirrors would look to good

Saturday, November 26, 2005 6:18 AM
anybody else?
Saturday, November 26, 2005 6:33 AM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:

x2

Saturday, November 26, 2005 6:04 PM
Crystal(CrazyCavGirl) OR Jacob wrote:
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:

x2

x3

it'd be like cutting your ears off. just leaves you looking disfigured.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, November 26, 2005 6:16 PM
the mirrors you got were cheap huh ?

if there the m3 mirrors im guessing. there is a batch of them like that going around on ebay.

talk to jason at aplusperformance he has a wide selection of mirrors he can get from i believe aerogear or someone else

Saturday, November 26, 2005 6:22 PM
they were probably the universal style... thats usually what you'll get on ebay. just remember, you get what you pay for.

Check out my build thread!

Saturday, November 26, 2005 6:31 PM
either

a) you got universal
b) you got 4 door mirrors

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, November 26, 2005 8:10 PM
x4 shaved mirrors look goofy. but its your call if its done right it might look good ive never seen it done on a cavy

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Sunday, November 27, 2005 6:16 AM
Convertible mirror are not interchangable with any others. NOBODY makes an aftermarket mirror for our verts.

I ended up spending the money for a set of Bomex coupe mirrors and then cutting them up and making them work by refiberglassing the entire mounting area.

I've only had 1 person ask me how I got them to work for a convertible because they look like they were made just for my car.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Sunday, November 27, 2005 6:57 PM
your mirrors are ugly if you stare and inspect them close but when you look at the car as a whole and dont study the mirrors its one of the hottest things i have ever seen

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search