00cav front bumper to 03+ - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00cav front bumper to 03+
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:22 PM
Ok, i would like to swap my front bumper to an 03+. i know i need the headlights, fenders, and all of that , but is that reasonable? the reason i want to switch is so i can get that 03+ razzi body kit.

Re: 00cav front bumper to 03+
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:28 PM
You would need headlights and hood. You shouldn't need the fenders as they are the same as what you have know. I think I might be missing one other thing that you need.

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:33 PM
^^^^Fenders you will not need at all for they are the same 95-05, you might have to modify them depending on how the headlights are held into place. Either way not a hard conversion to do. The other thing that you might need are new front fender walls. The fender walls that you have now might not go low enough to wrap underneith the front of the bumper. Tha also depends if you are goin with an LS front bumper, or an LS Sport front bumper. I don't know if the Razzi kit is desisned for one the other or both. Might want to check into that though.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:49 PM
I got a hood if you want it

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:04 PM
I'd swap with you if you lived close

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:43 PM
Juicez99cav wrote:^^^^Fenders you will not need at all for they are the same 95-05, you might have to modify them depending on how the headlights are held into place. Either way not a hard conversion to do. The other thing that you might need are new front fender walls. The fender walls that you have now might not go low enough to wrap underneith the front of the bumper. Tha also depends if you are goin with an LS front bumper, or an LS Sport front bumper. I don't know if the Razzi kit is desisned for one the other or both. Might want to check into that though.

according to the razzi site the only one that would need modification is the ls sport model. And wut r fender walls and are they hard to get?

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:23 PM
look in your wheel wells the cover that goes in there is what he's talking about. you actually don't really need them period. just help to keep dirt from sling off your tires all over the place. or you could just cut them some to get them to work with the new bumper.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, November 14, 2005 8:53 PM
ok, so i can get all the pieces: headlights, hood, bumper and then i should be able to get the whole kit, and add the rear bumper fillers?

Monday, November 14, 2005 9:30 PM
^^^ The rear bumper fillers are not needed on th 03+ cavs.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:38 AM
im sure you'll probably need the wiring harness for the headlights. the fillers arent needed for the rear since it all comes in 1 piece from 03-05

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:56 AM
Why would he need wiring harness for the headlights? Arn't they the same bulbs as in a 2k?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:23 AM
well before someone said i would need filler plates, i think that was because i didnt really want the rear of the kit though. All i really want is the front and the side skirts becauise i don't want the dual openings for dual exhaust. im only gonna get a single exhaust setup. And also, i thought all u had to do was splice the wires for the headlights.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:27 AM
no splicing or new harness' needed. since the 00-02 and the 03-05 are 1 bulb setup's, should swap right over

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:43 PM
Dang, u guys make this sound like it's so simple and easy. i hope it turns out to be that way. How much do u think it should cost total?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:23 PM
it should be pretty simple. everything will bolt right up, at all the same mount points. as for prices, if you get some good deals, id say around $300(not including the razzi kit).

actually I have an 03 cav stock hood for sale, and also an 03 cav OEM Carbon Fiber hood for sale. Also have the base 03 bumper thats needed for the Razzi kit. and the 03 RKSport lip in urethane. email or PM me if interested.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:45 PM
one more idea- i want to keep my foglights, will i just be able to mount them up into the 03+ bumper or are its openings a different size?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:49 PM
they should fit right in if i remember correctly.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:01 AM
so ur 100% sure that 00 foglights would fit in the 03+ holes?

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:38 PM
ok, so you think its that easy huh. I don't think so! The fenders do need to be replaced, they have mounting points for the front bumper that the 00 doesn't have. Also the hood is shapped differently and the fenders are actually lower than the 00, so yea, new fenders are needed. You can chuck the 00 headlight assembly, the entire thing, just gonna need the harness. Also, that big piece of plastic that sits infront of your steel bumper has gotta go. If you can, get a headlight that is exactly 03, if you get an 05 headlight, you are going to have fitment issues with the bulb height adjustment, or you can just cut it with bolt cutters. Now, as for reinforcing it in between the headlights? I have no idea! Thats where I am stuck. If you don't believe me on all of this, I can show you. I just put on my 03 front, and passenger fender. Still using the 00 hood and 00 drivers side fender. The bumper sags like a 50 year old prostitute. So have fun! I am goin home on tuesday and am goin to check out my mom's mounting on her 03, we will see.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:24 AM
no one has their own 2 cent? I am really interested!

Scott

NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Sunday, November 20, 2005 2:53 PM
so basically uve already started to do wut im planning on doing amd u found trouble with it?

Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:22 PM
exactly, I even ruined one perfectly good and rare ls sport bumper in the process because I didn't use the right fenders.

Scott

Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:55 PM
I just took my 04 front off, from what I could tell working on my car, and my friends 01 Cav is that the fenders are the same, but you need to drill a 3rd hole, and there is a different bracket that the bumper bolts on to. The reason your bumper might be saggin, do you have the styrofoam between the bumper and the steel reinforcement? I know there were bolts on that that bolted to the middle of the bumper. I'm not sure, but I think you'll need the bracket for the headlights too. They looked different on mine and my friends cars. And you'll need the hood. I think that's it. Someone please, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
Rob

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:08 AM
so know the process gets more difficult.....

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:33 AM
the fenders are the same, how many times do we have to go over this? no you don't need new fenders, but there is a tab you can trim.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search