Sticker removal - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sticker removal
Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:39 PM
When I bought my car there was a sticker on my drivers side back window. It's still there and I was wondering if anyone knew how to take it off without bringing my tint with it?

Re: Sticker removal
Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:44 PM
its inside on the tint? ouch

I'll ask a friend of mine that does vinyl if you want, but I think your #$%@wed.

if its on the outside n/p heat gun, or a razorblades and allot of windex

Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:50 PM
its outside over top of my tint. Ill try what you said. Thanks.
Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:55 PM
when you use the razor act like you chipping at it from the side, the idea being to get it wet underneath and allow the windex / water to do most of the work for you.

Sunday, October 09, 2005 3:08 PM
your tint is on the outside?

Sunday, October 09, 2005 3:28 PM
No its on the inside. Now I feel like the biggest newb ever.
Sunday, October 09, 2005 3:33 PM
lol well i think you just answered your question there

Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:58 PM
I'm not sure about the window, but it should be easier than getting it off of the bumper, lol. When I bought my yellow Fire, the place I bought it from had put letter stickering of their name on my back bumper. Usually it's a license plate frame or something, lol, but no they just had to use a sticker. I had to slowly pick at the edges with a razor carefully to not knick the paint. I got the corners up enough to pull off by hand slowly. Took forever because I had to do each indiviudal letter seperately. Afterwards I got some carwash liquid mixed up and wiped it down. The glue came right off. Washed and waxed, and looks like they were never there.

"For some reason it is a very American thing to do to take highly unlikely vehicles and stick insane engines in them at huge cost for no reason." Oh hell yeah!!

The Hellserpent
Aiming to be the LARGEST directory of Sport Compact Enthusiasts in the Northeast!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search