LAMBO DOORS!!! i need some help lol - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LAMBO DOORS!!! i need some help lol
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:40 PM
so i got a mms lambo door kit, and i have power doors, wut kinda things do i need wire and connector wise for my power doors, windows, ect. i heard u have to get new wires cuz w. the lambos they wont reach or something like that, just wondering whos done it and wut size they are? if u can pick them up anywhere? all that stuff thanks alot, i plan on doing it this weekend ill have pics up as soon as its complete

Re: LAMBO DOORS!!! i need some help lol
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:09 PM
The kit should have come with the appropriate wire extensions.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:23 PM
i got it from someone off here who had it in classifieds and i guess they didnt have power doors so they threw it out or sumthin, i dont remember the excuse but they wernt there anywayz
Friday, October 07, 2005 5:26 AM
yea, just go to radioshack and purchase a small roll of speaker wire. im sure that should work out just fine. you can splice them and use electrical tape to cover, you you can purchase some male/female connectors. also, go to wallmart or autozone and pick up some black (or any color) wire loom to give the job a cleaner look. good luck man and let me know if you need any further help.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, October 07, 2005 6:11 AM
umm dont use speaker wire , use the appropriate primary wire (see what size wires you need ect ect) and dont use electrical tape, use the shrinking sleeves so that you dont have any problems with moisture, also, RS also has wire loom, so you can get everything there if needed...

Friday, October 07, 2005 12:14 PM
so has anybody done this before? i have a 97 z24 , anyone know the wire size? i called autozone they said that they have wire for it and everything else needed, but they cant tell me wut size it is until i actually cut a piece off and bring it to them. and the place im doing it at tommaorw is about 50 miles from anything resembling a autoparts store lol so if anyone knows the size of the wire it would definitly be handy thnx.
Friday, October 07, 2005 1:33 PM
It's probably 18 gauge wire. I would recomend that you solder and heat shrink the connections but if you don't solder them get the butt connectors with the heat shrink ends.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search