question on hoods - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question on hoods
Friday, October 07, 2005 12:32 PM
i heard that if you put an 95+ hood on an 03 it looks like it has eyelids, i know that the hood would come lower so you would have to something with the front bumper but if anyone knows if its true let me know

Re: question on hoods
Friday, October 07, 2005 1:07 PM
You need to change the headlamps and the front bumper.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, October 07, 2005 2:47 PM
Well if you changed the headlights and bumper, then it wouldn't look like it had eyelids, right? It would just look like a 95-99 front end.

Seems to me he's implying that if you just put a 95-00 hood on, it might overlap the lights a little and look good.

He doesn't mention whether he's referring to the Sunfire or the Cav. Either way, I've never seen it done and don't think it will look good without some custom work. Just slapping it on, even if it doesn't smash the lights when you close it, is just going to look out of place.

Friday, October 07, 2005 8:30 PM
it won't line up on either car, and will not look like it's got eyelids. if you want to do eyelids, you have to either weld a piece onto your stock hood or fiberglass a piece onto an aftermarket hood. you can't just swap an older hood on and expect it to fit, cause it won't line up.

Friday, October 07, 2005 10:26 PM
the latches are not even in the same spot.

Saturday, October 08, 2005 5:12 AM
thats what i told him but he insists its true, thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search