I need this question answered please! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need this question answered please!
Friday, October 07, 2005 12:08 AM
If I was to buy to RK Sport J-Body body kit, it says I have to buy a 2000 Cavalier headlight conversion, for my car. But my question is that if I convert the headlight, does that also mean I have to convert the hood, and fenders to 2000 Cavalier parts also. Thank You for taking the time to answer my question.

Dirt Floor Customs

Re: I need this question answered please!
Friday, October 07, 2005 12:20 AM
nope, the hood and fenders are still the same. the only difference between the 95-99's and the 00-02's (aside from a small bracket on the earlier fenders) is the headlights and the bumper. if you notice, the headlights on the 00-02's sit down into the bumper, and the fenders themselves aren't any different.

now, the bracket that i mentioned is for the 95-99 corner lights. the 00-02's don't need that bracket, so if you do the conversion, just take that bracket off the fenders and you'll be fine.

Friday, October 07, 2005 12:26 AM
Thank You very much for answering my question.

Dirt Floor Customs
Friday, October 07, 2005 12:34 AM
no prob.

Friday, October 07, 2005 1:04 AM
But wait...if I did not convert the headlights would that affect how the front bumper fits?

Dirt Floor Customs
Friday, October 07, 2005 1:11 AM
you'll have about an inch gap between the headlights and the bumper. just do the swap, it's not too hard. all you have to do is change the wiring from a 2 bulb setup to a 1 bulb setup, there's instructions on here how to change it.

Friday, October 07, 2005 1:16 AM
Well that not the problem, You see I have black taillights, and I wanted to do the conversion with black headlights and cornerlights...and all I cannot find any 2000 black housing headlights, so if I could find them then I would do that. Do you know any place (other than Ebay, already looked there...don't have the headlights) that might have them? And you also said there are instructions on this site to do the swap, where would they be? Thanks.

Dirt Floor Customs
Friday, October 07, 2005 4:22 AM
please please please, learn to use the search button. as cannon said all you need is the head lights, wire harness, corner lights and the corner light bracket. as for the housing you have to paint it yourself. just open the headlights and paint, then reseal

Friday, October 07, 2005 10:09 AM
yea, dont forget youll have to rewire so the bulbs work right. youll be going from a 2 bulb setup to one

Friday, October 07, 2005 10:56 AM
The fender bracket is 4 spot welds that will have to be drilled out.

The wiring is simple. There are 2 wires going to each bulb(4 wires per side of car). With the 2000+ you cap off one of the wires(forgot which one) and then just wire the 3 wires to the new plug.

I did the 2000+ swa[ a few years back email if you have more questions.

Friday, October 07, 2005 6:14 PM
I have a set of the headlights/corners sitting in my garage....... with the 2k wire harness.......... check the classifieds.......

I also did the swap on my '96 Z...... worked out pretty good.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search