JDM mirrors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JDM mirrors
Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:49 AM
do JDM mirrors only fold or are they power adjustable too??

Re: JDM mirrors
Thursday, October 06, 2005 7:31 AM
Ask Lenko, John Lenko hes the resident expert on these Right john?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:33 AM
Heh... >smack< never gonna let that one go eh?

They all fold... the first mirrors (96 models) found be found in non-power folding... as in, you had to manually fold them. No power.

All later mirrors (late 96 to 2000) are power folding, and power adjustable.

Just don't do what I did.... buy the right ones. I bought sedan ones hoping to fit them to my coupe (and now convertible). It doesn't work as well as I'd hoped.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:48 AM
/\ /\ /\ I was just screwin with ya man its all good.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:55 AM
Wheres a good place to find a set of those, and how to install them properly for a 98 Sunfire GT with power mirrors?

Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:15 AM
Ebay usually is cheapest... I see them going for around $200 most of the time.

There's also www.street-line.net but I don't know if they have any in stock at the moment. You can ask tho

Or if you can part with one arm and one leg... GM has them brand new, in box.. sitting on the shelves in the Lansing, MI warehouse. www.gmpartsdirect.com. You'll have to search the forums here on JBO for the parts numbers, but I'll tell you now... the mirrors are $800 EACH SIDE, plus $1,300 for the wiring harness, and unknown $$$ for the switch and relay pack.

I haven't got mine wired up yet, so I can't help you there. I've seen instructions floating around the forums here somewhere. Have a look around, they've gotta be here somewhere.

Regardless of where you ge them... MAKE SURE you get the wiring bits you'll need... plus the switch and relay pack to make them fold in.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:22 AM
They are expensive thats for sure.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 12:22 PM
got mines for about 125 with all wires and switches. ebay can be your best friend.
Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:46 PM
Cant you use the existing knob system for the powered window portion? Id rather just have manual folding mirrors (they are like a breakaway mirror right?), and have the powered mirror function in there.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:42 PM
Perhaps.. if you figure out the wiring. Trial and error

Your stock mirrors are "breakaway"...

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:46 PM
well, they flex, like all other J's, but i meant the foldable brake away's, kinda like the S-10 if you know what i mean.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:35 PM
Ender_Wiggin wrote:Cant you use the existing knob system for the powered window portion? Id rather just have manual folding mirrors (they are like a breakaway mirror right?), and have the powered mirror function in there.

yes you can use the stock switch to operate the mirrors. the wires to move the actual mirros is the same as stock.. the folding part is what is diffrent. you just need to ground the relay box with a quick ground. not a constant. i use it with my power door locks.

if you search you will find my thread on wireing the mirrors. CLICK HERE

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search