Best way to clean front bumper? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best way to clean front bumper?
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:34 PM
ok i have a arrival blue cavalier and its my daily driver i detail my car all the time 9 polishing and waxing it ) i was wondering if theirs anyway to get the front bumper to look better without having it repainted ? i always wash it really good and polish it just doesnt look as good as i hope it would look any tips u could give me?

Moms & Dads talk to your kids,before its too late,tell them to say no to aluminum wings.

Re: Best way to clean front bumper?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 6:37 PM
I would suggest using the Mother's Clay Bar System, followed by the Mother's Three Step Wax System. This is the process I use on my cars and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:02 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:I would suggest using the Mother's Clay Bar System, followed by the Mother's Three Step Wax System. This is the process I use on my cars and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I do the same thing... I start with the stage 1 one time, clay barr it twice, the scratch remover twice, 2 coats stage 2, 2 coats stage 3 all done by machine it comes awsome... rock chips and stuff will not disapear but every swirl mark everywhere will be gone and the car will look like glass and feel like a layer of silk

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:58 PM
Darkstars wrote:
J TO ENVY wrote:I would suggest using the Mother's Clay Bar System, followed by the Mother's Three Step Wax System. This is the process I use on my cars and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I do the same thing... I start with the stage 1 one time, clay barr it twice, the scratch remover twice, 2 coats stage 2, 2 coats stage 3 all done by machine it comes awsome... rock chips and stuff will not disapear but every swirl mark everywhere will be gone and the car will look like glass and feel like a layer of silk

will it fix the chunk of my bumper that is gone? is that what u did to your car when u posted that you machine waxed it for the first time? That thing looked sick.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:36 PM
^^^ no I didn't do that much... the first time machine waxed pics was just car wash and a coat of stage 2 and a coat of stage 3... I'll get some pics of it in a couple days when I'm done hahah, I do 1 or 2 steps in the bigass process listed above then stick it under the car cover and do some more the next day... I finally have a beat (check other car forum) so the cavi can sit under a weather proof car cover and be clean

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:15 PM
what exactly do you need to look better?

are you not getting bug gutts off enough? stone chips? swirls?

all would have a different remedy...

i would get some tar&wax remover...wash the bumper...use a bug gut sponge to remove any caked on bugs...dont be afraid to rub...it will not scratch...and whatever swirls it would put on your bumper will be hidden with your glazes or wax...

you could clay it...the tops almost always need clayed when its a daily driver...claying is a great way to get the paint "clean"...

i would use an industrial sytle buffer...i use makita...

buffer the bumper with a mild compound...and then use any type of wax you wish...i recommend 3M Perfect It or Mothers Paste Carnuba Wax...both will give you a deep gloss and shine...depending on how much you wash your car...protection time for your wax will vary...

and if that doesnt help you...buy a bra for the front and cover it up...lol...j/k

im me if you need anything...or if you need some insight on products...i work at a detail shop and get access to tons of products...some complete junk...some are terrific...

hope this helped...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search