fire cav conversion? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fire cav conversion?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 6:46 PM
Whats good jbo i wanted to no what type of parts would i need to convert the front end of ma sunfire 04 into a cav 03+ and also if there is any type of modifications i would need to make on ma sunfire.

Re: fire cav conversion?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:17 PM
its hard to search for this but im sure its been done....i mean to get the exact years your doing and all. i think you need......hood, fenders, front bumper, headlights, wiring harness i think its called?, bulbs? idk there are some really good people to talk to on here that will post sometime tomorrow....thats just an idea to get you going if u wanna look into prices or something.....good luck.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:52 PM
fenders, hood, bumper, crush gaurd, rebar support, lights, signals, you do not need the wiring harness for you swap

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:52 PM
really?i thought you did, thx for the info

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:38 PM
03 cavs have a single bulb, where the fire has duel, you'd need to change the harness

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:02 PM
everything there sums it up, but you do need the wiring harness where you have a 2bulb set-up on the fire, and the cavi uses 9007 single bulb set-up..if you want you can re-use your rebar & crush guard and just trim the crush guard to fit the bumper, also a little detail is the hood latch.

I did the swap from a 97 Sunfire to an 03+ Cavi front, feel free to ask q's, I'll try to help

Check Cardomain for PICS
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:32 AM
Why would you want to get rid of the stylish 03+ Fire front for the dull 03+ cavy front?

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Saturday, April 22, 2006 11:42 PM
what about changing my 03 cav rear to a 03+ sunfire rear? Is that possible. I tried searching.... booo , that's how I came across this thread.

Would I need... quarterpanels, trunklid, lights, bumper... and that's it?

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:56 AM
Derek724 wrote:Why would you want to get rid of the stylish 03+ Fire front for the dull 03+ cavy front?

No kidding

And I guess if you wanted to cut the rear quarters off your car, you could change to the 03 Fire rear. I would think if you had decent welding ability, you would be better off just finding some custom tails to put in.

Sunday, April 23, 2006 11:32 AM
Skyler Prahl wrote:what about changing my 03 cav rear to a 03+ sunfire rear? Is that possible. I tried searching.... booo , that's how I came across this thread.

Would I need... quarterpanels, trunklid, lights, bumper... and that's it?

it would be more work, and cost more money than it would to buy a sunfire and put the cav front end on, and interior into. the quarter panels are welded on in something like 170 places, so getting those off of each car will be quite difficult (not to mention welding them back in place properly). then you have to change the rear bumper, tail lights, trunk lid, etc...

Sunday, April 23, 2006 5:27 PM
ah, didn't know the quarterpanels didn't come off. I haven't really examined that area of the car before. That sucks. Looks like I will just keep the rear then

Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:20 PM
The quarter panels do come off but they are spot welded on. u would have to drill out all the spot welds then use like a chisel and try to carefully separate the panel from the uni-body. Like i told ya, if u look at a 03 sunfire compare to a 03 4 door.. u'll notice the rear is a lil slanted down on the fire, so i think it would be a lil more than just swapping panels.. i would think u might have to cut or modify the uni-body itself.. It would be cool seeing a 4door 03+ sunfire.. but i ddon'tthink it would be worth it.. Just be one of the few to put a 03 fire front on a 4dr.. i ddon'tthink i've seen that anywhere but i bbelieveGM makes them for canucks.. so u could be one of the few in the States. If ur really set on doing this.. give it a go.. but ur going to have to modify the 1/4 panels becuz the 4dr panels are shorter, also the panel above the 1/4 panel window on a 2dr isnt separate form the 1/4 panel, but on a 4dr its aactuallyconnected to the quarter panel. Also like i mentioned the slant in sunfires might be hard to get to line up. It seems like u would actually have to cut a rear section of the uni-body out on the fire and modify it then cut the cav one off and put the sunfire one on.. Because u would have to get that to seat up against the rear window just right but then the sides would have to be shorter so that might take some work.

Now maybe a more approachable attempt would be to take the 03 fire tails, bumper, and trunk panel and custom work them on the cav rear just like a tail conversion.. and then u can do somewhat of a wide body, a very subtle one just to get the body line that the sunfires have on their quarter panel..

Sunday, April 23, 2006 7:11 PM
Manta Z wrote:It would be cool seeing a 4door 03+ sunfire

Only available in Canada...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Sunfire

Quote:

The Pontiac Sunfire was available in standard and GT trim. In the US, only the coupe was available from 2003 to 2005, becoming the only sports car on Pontiac's lineup between the demise of the Pontiac Firebird in 2002 and the relaunch of the Pontiac GTO in 2004. The sedan was replaced by the Vibe for 2003, but the sedan continued to be sold in Canada until the Sunfire was discontinued.

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:59 PM
escobano wrote:Whats good jbo i wanted to no what type of parts would i need to convert the front end of ma sunfire 04 into a cav 03+ and also if there is any type of modifications i would need to make on ma sunfire.

any chance you would wanna trade for an 00 cav front, or could i maybe get the 03 fire front???

Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:10 PM
i have a 03 cav front with a vis carbon hood. fenders need paint and headlights need to have condensation removed... depending on where your located we may be able to work out a deal... what color is your car?

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Monday, April 24, 2006 3:32 AM
Kardain wrote:
Manta Z wrote:It would be cool seeing a 4door 03+ sunfire

Only available in Canada...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Sunfire

Quote:

The Pontiac Sunfire was available in standard and GT trim. In the US, only the coupe was available from 2003 to 2005, becoming the only sports car on Pontiac's lineup between the demise of the Pontiac Firebird in 2002 and the relaunch of the Pontiac GTO in 2004. The sedan was replaced by the Vibe for 2003, but the sedan continued to be sold in Canada until the Sunfire was discontinued.

yeh i know...i mentioned that..

Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:It would be cool seeing a 4door 03+ sunfire.......i ddon't think i've seen that anywhere but i believe GM makes them for canucks.. so u could be one of the few in the States......

Monday, April 24, 2006 11:01 AM
Derek724 wrote:Why would you want to get rid of the stylish 03+ Fire front for the dull 03+ cavy front?

agreed

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search