Help with wiring halo foglights... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with wiring halo foglights...
Monday, October 03, 2005 3:31 PM
Ok i still have all the wiring from my factory fogs, now is it still possible to hook these up to the wiring and be able to still use the existing switch in my car to turn them on....also there's the wire for the halo ring that they say to hook up to the parking lights.... i don't want to do that... so I was wondering is it possible to hook that up directly to a switch (the one they supply for the fogs) to turn the ring on and off? I know how to wire and stuff but I just want to make sure I'm off to the right start or if anyone has an inputs to help me out. That would be most excellent Thankyou!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857357

Re: Help with wiring halo foglights...
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:57 PM
Monday, October 03, 2005 8:52 PM
Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:55 PM
I have a 2002 Cavalier LS. I put a Z24 front bumber with fog lights on. I didn't have factory fog lamps so I attempted to wire them in. I used this diagram to wire it up. This a diagram supplied to the site by Kardain:

Kardain wrote:

Instead of wiring pin 85 to the fuse block; I wired it to the brown wire in the front corner lights.

Everything worked fine until the next morning. The left head light, the side I wired pin 85 to, started flickrering on & off about 4 times. Then a check wrench light came on the dash. I didn't have time to deal with it cause I was on my way to work.

So, when I got home I decided to disconnect everything and start over. The problem was that after I disconnected everything and wired it all back together, the same way as before, the fog lights wouldn't work. Though, they had previously. Started to get dark, so I disconnected everything and had to go to the store...

Now, my lights flicker on & off about 4 times, every time I start the car, and all my dashboards lights are gone. I still have a lighted digital odometer, radio display, rear view mirror lights, and dome light.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on with my car. I hope I didn't fry my BCM.

To add, I have done the DRL disable mod by grounding my dark blue wire to the BCM, to get my DRL's to stay off without having a check light.

Please HELP
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search