M3 mirrors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M3 mirrors
Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:03 PM
Hey, I just bought new m3 mirrors for my 99 2 dr cavalier and I was wondering if ne1 knows how or knows of a site that shows how to wire them up. I just need to know where they actually wire into. Thanks.

Re: M3 mirrors
Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:43 PM
They should come with instructions. I wired up a set on my ex-girlfriend's Civic and they were simple. I just went by the instructions included and it's pretty much common knowledge.

J-body of Kentucky
Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:47 PM
the instructions that came with mine were completely in japanese. luckily i just got plain manual m3 mirrors.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:35 PM
mine are manual but have LEDs in em..

black is ground...

and just wire up whatever color you want (i had blue,red and yellow..i went w.yellow) and tap in the baby blue colord one on ur turn signal bulb..

simple enough..

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:45 PM
haha, mine bunny ear like a sumbitch, i dont even want mine. anybody want em? 20 bucks shipped. power, 4 door. brand new!

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:49 PM
ok here goes

the black wire is dual function wire, meaning it switches from l/r function yo an u/d function depending which way you move your power mirror joy stick. this wire must be connected to the corresponding dual function wire on your car.

the red wire is a l/r wire and must be connected to the corresponding wire on your car.

the white wire is an u/d function wire and must be connected to the corresponding wire on your car

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:26 PM
I never got any instructions with the mirrors. This might sound like a newb question, but where do I splice the wire into? I know it's in my blinker wire, but is it under my dash or do I hafta go all the way into the hood? I know there are a bunch of wires underneath my steering column, would it be one of those? If ne1 can post some pics or sumthin to help me. Even if you take a pic of yr booklet you got with em. I've never done this before. Hell, I could fix any computer problem you have but when it comes to cars my knowledge is limited. Thanks guys.
Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:26 PM
i ran mine thru the fender in to the engine bay tehn tappd into that baby blue colord wire that i mentiond earlier..don't know if the colors are different in older model cav's..

Monday, October 03, 2005 3:33 AM
Are the m3 manual mirrors hard to install on a 4-door sunfire anyone know?
How do you remove the oem mirror, just from the inside of the interior under that plastic piece there are bolts?
Thanks.

98 j-body sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search