Trick to removing 03-05 LS skirts? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trick to removing 03-05 LS skirts?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:49 AM
Hey guys, I just spent close to a half an hour trying to pull one side off, and no luck whatsoever. I got all the bolts out and the screws in each end, but there seems to be some clips holding them onto the side of the car.

Is there some technique to get them off? Does anyone have pics of them off the car to show me what the clips actually look like?

Thanks.

Re: Trick to removing 03-05 LS skirts?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:03 PM
Bump

Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:09 PM
Just pull, they slide down over some clips that grab them and lock, pull the way the rocker panel contours, you'll get it.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:47 PM
Thanks joe, but what do you mean the way they contour? Am I pulling down or out?

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:54 PM
If they are anyting like the side skirts on my 99 Z, you have to pull up and out. They slide onto individual brackets from the top onto the clips that are attached to the underside of the car. Try sliding them up to get tehm off.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:53 PM
These mofos aren't coming off; I've pulled in every possible direction with as much strength as I could muster and they didnt even flinch. Looks like I have to go take it to a body shop.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:13 PM
All the bolts are out? If so yank it like you mean it the clips will break and it will come off.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:11 PM
welll...since you're taking those puppies off...planning on sellin 'em?? I've got the front and rear, been looking for ages to find a set of sides

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search