neons or leds? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
neons or leds?
Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:10 PM
which do you guys think are better neons or leds? what are the pros and cons of each?

Re: neons or leds?
Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:24 PM
Neon's are too expensive---if they are for interior def. go with Cathodes from
OZNIUM
for LEDS..they are great for things like HVAC,Door pockets,Dome light, AC vents etc....but cathodes def light up better..and did i mention price?
check this...

Autozone - 1 - 12" neon - $15-17

Oznium - 2 - 12" Cathodes - $7

Come on now :d
*JBO

**WOOHOO*** new month starts again w/100 posts..and Premium this month

Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:26 PM
BTW - -i saw this on the home page listed under 'hot topics' or whatever...but oznium has undercariage (sp?) too..ICED Leds..are hott

Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:40 PM
for interior leds are perfect for the exterior neons are best i bought leds for the underbody and i just got done ripping them off and throwing them away they SUCKED baddd and ill never get them for the exterior again

Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:03 PM
i had LED underneath it was decent but i would say if i was to do it again id buy neon.. neon is more of an even brighter light.. Led are good for single use ie: my air ducts... i also have 12'' LEDS under my seats there decent i just bought them because they were cheaper then neon.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:56 PM
I'd say LED. I have them, I like them. They're more concentrated than neon, but I think they are brighter too.. besides, lexan tubing is a huge plus.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 9:10 PM
i just orderd 4 12" cold cathods and 2 inverters for $21 not from the site posted above

Saturday, October 01, 2005 9:25 PM
2 - 12" cathodes, 1 - 15" cathodes, 2 - 4" cathodes, and 3 transformers from Oznium, $27 shipped.

From what I was reading on the Oznium forum, cathodes can be used as undercarriage lights, just need to silicone the ends up (as well as buy a few dozen of 'em)

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:09 PM
wut the hell is a cathode? educate me

Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:17 AM
The easiest way that I can define it without getting technical is that it is similar to a neon tube but not quite. Brighter, cheaper, and less current draw than a neon tube.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:30 AM
i like neons i had my neons on my car for about 3 years now and so far only had to replace 1 tube as it just died. and that was last month

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:20 PM
ok.... i live in a temperate desert, can all three withstand the cold? how about gravel being kicked up when they regravel the roads?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:09 PM
so if i was to order those cathodes from Ozinum, what would i have to get to have them used for underbodies? I see they have 15" and 12" ones and how would i hook them up will all those transformers?

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:52 AM
LED's are better.
Less current drawn.
Longer life.
Brighter light.
Harder to break.

Monday, October 03, 2005 8:46 AM
Brighter light? In what world?? I had 4 blue LED's under each side of my dash, I had them replaced with 2 12 inch neon tubes and the light output damn near tripled.
Monday, October 03, 2005 9:46 AM
newman wrote:LED's are better.
Less current drawn.
Longer life.
Brighter light.
Harder to break.

LED's

With any of these options your light output will be dependent on the quality of the kit you get. My biggest reasons for going LED was for less current draw (more for my stereo) longer life and the option of changing colors to suit my mood.
Monday, October 03, 2005 11:52 AM
exodus 259 wrote:Brighter light? In what world?? I had 4 blue LED's under each side of my dash, I had them replaced with 2 12 inch neon tubes and the light output damn near tripled.

Put 2 12" Cathodes underneath there...tell me whatcha think then

Monday, October 03, 2005 1:02 PM
Where can you buy Cathodes?? I was only finding neon tubes wherever I went. I was able to find a good buy on EBay though. Two 12-inch tubes with shipping was about $30.
Monday, October 03, 2005 4:11 PM
exodus 259 wrote:Where can you buy Cathodes?? I was only finding neon tubes wherever I went. I was able to find a good buy on EBay though. Two 12-inch tubes with shipping was about $30.

Ozzie(The Dr of ThuG-a-Nomics) wrote:Neon's are too expensive---if they are for interior def. go with Cathodes from
OZNIUM
for LEDS..they are great for things like HVAC,Door pockets,Dome light, AC vents etc....but cathodes def light up better..and did i mention price?
check this...

Autozone - 1 - 12" neon - $15-17

Oznium - 2 - 12" Cathodes - $7

Come on now :d

**WOOHOO*** new month starts again w/100 posts..and Premium this month

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search