Question About Lowering My Car - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question About Lowering My Car
Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:37 AM
i have some 18 inch wheels on the way and i am afraid when they get on my car will sit fairly high. plus i think my car would look better lowered. i have an 05 sunfire.

so my question is can i lower the car with an 1.5" drop with just a spring kit...or do i need a 1200 dollar kit? it itrs just 120 in springs or so ill go ahaed and have a shop in town put than on for me when i get the wheels put on.

Re: Question About Lowering My Car
Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:47 AM
you'll hear 3 things on here...

1) if you get wheels LOWER IT! or else it will look like a 4x4
2) you can lower it with just springs... but you will eventually blow your stock struts
3) dont lower with just springs, do it right the first time.

as long as you ordered the correct tire size and wheels size, you should be fine! whether you wanna do just springs or strust/springs is your choice. there have been several guys/gals who have done this. problems: your ride quality will drop real fast, especially after your struts are blown. REAL bouncy... some people said their stocks lasted 2yrs+, while some said they only lasted 6months or so...

im no spring expert, but im sure you'll get someone in here shortly, that can back me up and help you out even more...

oh, theres one more thing you'll hear on here:
4) learn to use the SEARCH button!!!

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:19 AM
lol ok thanks i dont want a 4x4

Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:32 PM
you can use springs but it will blow your struts. dont think your gonna pay 200 bucks and be done w/ your suspension. if you get springs you need struts. depending on what springs you get depends on what struts you have to buy. i say anything down to a 1.5" drop i would use agx struts, anything past that you will need yellows. a nice setup thats affordable is the eibach pro kit and agxs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search