Which Color Brake Paint? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which Color Brake Paint?
Friday, September 30, 2005 4:17 PM
alright, im going to paint my brakes before winter, cause when it warms up again in the spring my rims will go on, and it will protect them from a winters worth of salt and sand eat up, and they will just look sweet with the rims. so my car is white, should i paint the brakes white or black? white would look better IMO but i think brake dust is going to just destroy the front calipers. That is why i was going to go for black, but a simple cleaning would keep them clean right? or would they just turn brown after a while? that is why i would go with black, clean looking and maintanance free. what do you guys think? I know its my car and do whatever i want kinda thing but im looking for maybe someone with white painted brakes experience or something like how all my posts are.

Re: Which Color Brake Paint?
Friday, September 30, 2005 4:39 PM
What color is your car? FYI I've had mine painted to match my orenge Cav for over 2 years now and I've never had a problem with salt or flacking or chiping. I'd say color match to your car it looks good.

Good Luck

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, September 30, 2005 5:07 PM
color matching is tacky. why draw attention to stock brakes? just paint them black, it will look so much better

Friday, September 30, 2005 5:17 PM
my cav is white, they will be stock brakes in rear, but in front i have powerslot rotors, still black tho?

Friday, September 30, 2005 5:49 PM
Painting the front calipers silver so they look new is a nice touch. I'd stick with black or flat black for the drums though. You want them to disappear.

Friday, September 30, 2005 6:18 PM
I say do them white. I would suggest getting them powder coated though. Powder coating is really cheap and it's supposed to last for like 10 years without chipping, fading, yellowing, etc. To me that's a wise investment because you won't have to worry about them looking crappy for a long time. I am a big fan of color matching. My calipers and drums will be getting powder coated the same color as my car over this coming winter. Just my .02 though.

Friday, September 30, 2005 6:19 PM
Tacky ?!?! Its better then RED ! And it doesn't look bad but thanks for that. Since your car is white yeah I'd say black is probly the best unless you do an accent color then I'd say do them that color.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:07 AM
Im getting the good junk not the spray paint crap. Ill get either G2, which ive had on my show truck for 3 years and it still looks new or folia tech which is the same thing. both of them are pretty much bullet proof and dont have to be reapplied every year or so like that spray paint junk. but yeah i think ill do white, i ordered hawk pads for the front how are they with brake dust? thinking of going white....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search