Help Really Needed!!! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help Really Needed!!!
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:05 PM
Ok here what happened a couple of weeks ago I was at t he car wash and I was doing the front bumper and out of nowhere huge chunks of paint started to fly off, so in other words my front bumper needs a paint job. I went to a few shops and they quoted my 650 Canadian to repaint it, and I really don't pay that much to keep it stock I figured since it already has to get repaint I minus well do something after market but I don't want a bodykit, so my question is has anyone put Rk Sport Valances on a 2001 Gt stock bumper? Rk says you have to order there bumper for them to fit and they won't fit on your factory bumper, but personally I think they just want to make money, has anyone done this before or think it can be done? Or does anyone have any suggestion on what I should do about my front end????

Re: Help Really Needed!!!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:30 AM
I am only aware of one person that has added the RK Sport front valence to their factory '00-'02 Sunfire GT front bumper.

As far as getting the valence to fit easily without any modification, you do not need to buy a front bumper from RK Sport, all you need is a factory '00-'02 Sunfire SE front bumper. The valence is made to fit directly to the '00-'02 Sunfire SE front bumper.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:01 AM
do you have a GT front bumper? If so, the RKSport valance wont fit, as far as I know the valance only fits standard SE bumpers. hope that helps.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:03 AM
^ Read the post above yours. It is possible, just not easy.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:03 PM
Thanks guys for the help!
Friday, September 30, 2005 6:26 PM
No problem . That's what we're here for.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:21 PM
thats alot of money just to paint a bumper i got my whole car painted for a grand USD

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search