Oem skirts+installation - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oem skirts+installation
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:51 PM
Hi, i have a 98 sunfire sedan, that came gfrom the factory without sideskirts, no holes in the rockers for skirts or anything.
I bought a set of 03 sunfire sedan skirts, i want to paint them and install them on my car, problem being the skirts i just bought like all skirts that are oem are suppopse to be installed useing the clips on the top inside of the skirts and screws that go into the bottom by the floor. Okay i can see the screws that go in the bottom of the skirts being easy to install, bu there is no way in hell i will be able to line up the skirt and figure out where to drill holes for the clips to go in the top part of the rocker and i would rather not do them that way anyhow.
So i want to a few body shops and they want like a few hundread just to install them because of the clips having to drill holes and line them up etc.
So i was wondering if the screws in the bottom of the skirts, ples the screw in the fender area and maby 2-way tape would hold the skirts secure, what do you guys think; any one here install skirts on a j-body that did not come with sidesskirts, if so how did you install them?
thanks very much

98 j-body sedan

Re: Oem skirts+installation
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:52 PM
Okay if no one here installed skirts on a j that did not come from the factory with skirts, is there anyone that can tell me how they have there aftermarket skirts on?
thanks.

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:08 PM
i used a tape measure and some bearing grease to line up my holes worked pretty well !

Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:06 PM
sunstealth wrote:i used a tape measure and some bearing grease to line up my holes worked pretty well !

Did your cavy come with oem skirts?
You have bolts in the top and bottom of the skirt, or...?
See i was thinking the screws throught the bottom of the skirt and two way tape for the top,would this hold do you think?
Thanks .

98 j-body sedan

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:07 PM
mine was a stock 2.2 so it came bare naked

and if you get heavy duty construction doubleside tape should hold

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:46 AM
So you used the greese and measuring tape to figure out where to put the holes for the clips that hold the top part of the skirt on?
thanks man.

98 j-body sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search