Lengthening wire for lambo doors - some ???s - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lengthening wire for lambo doors - some ???s
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:09 PM
I'm probably gonna grab one of the lambo kits from Modified (hey, everybody's got 'em so I may as well keep up) but I have a question:

Seems like part of the install is lengthening some wiring since I assume that otherwise they'd get pulled out.

My question is what exactly is involved with that. How much longer do the wires need to be and what happens to the stock rubber conduit that the stock wiring goes into (the rubber hoselike thing between the door and the inside).

The reason for my concern is that I have tons of extra wiring for my neons, etc that go into switches in each door, and I'm wondering what kind of mess it's going to be for me to redo the whole thing...it was a BITCH to get all of those wires neatly from the dash to the door, but I'll do what I gotta do...

Anybody in the DC/VA/MD area who has installed these and wants to make some extra cash, please email me.

Re: Lengthening wire for lambo doors - some ???s
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:44 PM
just cut a crimp the wires, not that hard to do. I haven't done it yet but it doesn't strain my wires too much. The rubber you're talking about I'd remove and put some wire wrap around the wiring to keep water out. If you know how to crimp then you're pretty much set.

Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:52 PM
OK thanks, sounds like something I can handle. Maybe it won't be so bad to get my wiring back to normal with the door taken off the car. I'd prefer to keep my stock rubber conduit vs. wrapping them if possible.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:55 PM
it's not hard at all. i kept the rubber one, but it doesn't reach when the door's up, so i left it on the car side and then ran wire loom up to the door from the end of it and wrapped it with tape. doesn't look bad. unfortunately i have no pics to show it though.

-john
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:32 PM
lengthen the wires then get a stainless steel sleeve from fbimini i think it was (it was for suicide doors) works great and looks good
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:40 PM
I cut the rubber in half, and left in in each hole to keep water out, and then covered the rest of the new extended wires in loom.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:58 AM
Those ideas all sound great - I'll see which way I want to roll once I get the set-up. I think replacing the whole rubber tube sounds like the best option to me.

Thanks!

Steve
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:02 AM
get a soder gun and some wire loom and about 15min. and your set, its really easy. your better off sodering all your wires but crimping is fine to. the rubber will adventuly give up and tear so you might as well cut it and use the wire loom right away.

have fun

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search