HID??? Most cost effective way :) how - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID??? Most cost effective way :) how
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:38 PM
well i was thinking about getting projectors but i hear they suck on stock bulbs so i was wondering whats the most cost effective way to get hids.. new or used it doesnt matter as long as they work.. any suggestions. Perhaps a junk yard .. off a particular car? or links would be helpful thanx

Re: HID??? Most cost effective way :) how
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:27 PM
HID-Planet They have forums you should check out for info. They also have a classifieds were you could probably get stuff at a good price, and then there is always ebay. I take it you want to do a retrofit?
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:16 PM
retrofit.. i have no idea i dont even know how to hook them up but ill have to figure it out iw as just wondering if there was an easy swap and how much it would run ect

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:29 PM
EBAY... i got mine for $212 shipped... bright as a bitch.... and they only have 35 watt bulbs... you can always step up for brighter...

now my BMW lights use H7s... so i ordered an H7 light kit

im not sure if the third gens still use 9004s... order a kit with those bulbs... if not just order one for your low beams...

HIDs are REALLY simple to hook up...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:33 PM
is it possible to just order it for low beams?... how do i find a REALLY blue one and how do u hook them up

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:22 AM
a 8000k kit should be a whitish blue, i know thw 12000k kits are purplish

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:23 AM
Brandon Schmidt wrote:is it possible to just order it for low beams?... how do i find a REALLY blue one and how do u hook them up
Heres my entire setup

REPOSTED FROM www.v6z24.com Appearance forum By IMCensored1
Images hosted on www.j-body.tk (if ya get red xs hit refresh... my server host is doing routeine mantanance for a little while)

----------------------------------------------
here are the pictures (all images located at http://www2.j-body.tk/images/hid/)

Yes i know i look dumb as hell in these photos.... i was in a rush and taking quick photos

So anyway my BMW Projectors with Silvania Silverstars H7s were dim as hell while driving... so i ordered an HID Kit off Ebay...

I know its been a while since ive posted anything about my car... stereotypically... i got me a kick ass gurlfriend... and now found myself short on cash flow... ya noe how it goes....

So this is my set up

This is some @!#$ right here... why the instructions says to make black hot and red ground is beyond me... i hooked it up both ways, with only red hot and black ground (as it should be) working....

For all of you with E36 BMW lights... dont u wish you can pull the whole thing out this easily ... haha

Now heres how i did it... i took the light and placed it in to the light, then connecting the HID Box to the lights... then taking the factory light inputs and running those to the HID Box... its that simple...

Now can you tell what is Silver star and what is HID

I temperarly mounted the HID boxes with strip ties

Finished product

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:25 AM
grr i need an edit button... let me try that again...

here are the pictures (all images located at http://www.j-body.tk/images/hid/)

Yes i know i look dumb as hell in these photos.... i was in a rush and taking quick photos

So anyway my BMW Projectors with Silvania Silverstars H7s were dim as hell while driving... so i ordered an HID Kit off Ebay...

I know its been a while since ive posted anything about my car... stereotypically... i got me a kick ass gurlfriend... and now found myself short on cash flow... ya noe how it goes....

So this is my set up

This is some @!#$ right here... why the instructions says to make black hot and red ground is beyond me... i hooked it up both ways, with only red hot and black ground (as it should be) working....

For all of you with E36 BMW lights... dont u wish you can pull the whole thing out this easily ... haha

Now heres how i did it... i took the light and placed it in to the light, then connecting the HID Box to the lights... then taking the factory light inputs and running those to the HID Box... its that simple...

Now can you tell what is Silver star and what is HID

I temperarly mounted the HID boxes with strip ties

Finished product

-------------
I forgot that my main server now was my aux server 2 months ago... sorry for the double post...

Now this isnt a direct cross because i have a BMW set up... but it should give you an Idea...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:10 PM
in your last picture are you shining your lights at the garage? they dont seem to be too bright if you are.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:47 PM
its a bad picture... i was standing at an angle and i didnt turn it on night mode... so the flash issue messed it up...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:06 PM
Wow, I'm assuming that last pic is with you hids on if so thats bad. Could it be that your camera took all the light away? Since you said that you have a bmw set up you probably already know that you can get better results. I mean just take a look at my pic with hids. I'm currently using infinity projectors retroed into my cavailer headlamps. BTW this is only with one headlamp on. The headlamp was not on my car yet so thats why its so low.

The aftermarket ones that they make for the cavailer suck and throw out light all over the place. You best bet would be to do a retrofit using oem equipment like stuff off a bmw, acura..... Doing a retro fit will give you a hell of a lot more light out compared to the ebay ones

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

^^^^ My Custom Projectors ^^^^

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:15 PM
so can NE1 specify on ho to go about doing a retrofit?

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:22 PM
Here are some retrofits, You need to register first on hidplanets site to see the retros.

SRT-4 Retrofit

Civic Retrofit

01 Cavalier

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:40 PM
that was pure camera... the camera really distorted the picture... i didnt put it on night mode... imma take a new pic soon and upload it

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:43 PM
so the only way to get projectors for the 95-99 would b eto get the crappy ones from ebay? Has anyone tried retrofitting any for the 95-99?
Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:22 PM
So how would something like this be? Clicky Would this just slap right in and be bright as a mofo? And i was wondering about the bulbs, would 9000k be the brightest? or just a different color?

Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:35 PM
4100K is the brightest. The Higher K you go the less brighter its gonna be. 9000K would be hella blue, maybe some purp too?

I noticed that on those kits they dont have 4100K so 4500K bright as well. I dont know much about there bulbs but there ballasts are oem equipment which are good.

04 Cavy LS Sport

Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:33 PM
Rick <---- from what i understand from the "clicky", the first thing that you would need,is a headlight housing that has two bulbs, not a single bulb with a double filament, in order for that kit specifically to work, and be able to cal it DONE!!! If you have that, then Yes it would work...
NE1 can correct me if i'm wrong.....

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search