question about bumpers - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about bumpers
Monday, September 19, 2005 4:34 PM
has anyone had to cut off some of the bumper crash support (the black cube like stuff behind the bumpers) to get the body kit to fit ???

and if so how much needs to be removed ???

Re: question about bumpers
Monday, September 19, 2005 4:35 PM
I had to cut mine in half down the length of it. The back one I just took off completely. You have to do that for most kits.

Monday, September 19, 2005 11:13 PM
damn i didnt know you had to remove so much.... is there anything i should put in its place >???

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:10 AM
what bumper? i have a drift back and i cut the 2'' piece off that actually sticks off the crush guard i also have drift front i didnt have to do anything it sat right on the crush guard perfect..^^ david why would u mess with the front looks like u have drift too? the crush guard supports the bumper and the taps on top are meant to screw to the crush guard

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:10 AM
i have the BC2 kit and it doesnt look like it will want to go on all the way as far as the back i think it was fit but i didnt get a good chance to test fit it

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:33 AM
I did'nt mess with the metal bar. I am talking about the absorber. The foam stuff or the cube stuff like «§|„t|„ TwĄzTĄĐ» has. It has to be cut to fit into most bumpers.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:27 AM
every bumper is different. its not like every bumper that comes out of a mold is going to be an exact same. i removed both of mine

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:02 PM
ok i got the back bumper to fit on without cutting anything now i just have to worry about the front ??? should i just cut it in half or cut it all the way off ???

thanks for all the help so far

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:41 PM
Take the front off and put your other one up to it. See if it will fit just like that. If it does not go on, mark the area you have to cut on the absorber.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search