lambo's rub kit - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lambo's rub kit
Thursday, July 07, 2005 6:40 PM
ok i wondering how can i stop my doors from rubbing my kit i have the drift kit and its like if you dont raise the door as soon as it opens it rubs the part of the kit that comes up the front fender on the drift sides i was thinking of getting that part cut off or shaved down it clears the fender fine it just that part....any input

Sinister Ambitions

Re: lambo's rub kit
Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:32 PM
just as you said. shave it down. you can also maybe sand a little off of your door too. depends on how bad you are rubbing. good luck man.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:14 PM
Sorry man but you can not sand anything off of your door. Do not do that. You will end up splitting the skin of of the shell trying to sand part of the door off. Cut that part of the skirt off or sand it down as much as you can.
Just make sure that everything is lined up already. Make sure that that is not your problem first.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:25 PM
i didnt say cut it off. i said sand it, depending on how bad it is rubbing. i dont know how much you thought i was talking about, but im sure he knows the difference in simply sanding a little off the door, and sanding so much that
Quote:

You will end up splitting the skin of of the shell trying to sand part of the door off.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, July 08, 2005 3:42 AM
Yah but sanding part of the door is not the answear anyways. Your gonna sand off not even a millimeter and you are gonna have to stop. And even with that you are gonna ruin the line of the door. You can sand the part of the skirt cause obviously it is hanging over the fender causing the door to rub it. That way you will not ruin your door lines or your fender lines. You will actually make them better and you will not create a chance for rust to settle in because you will not be sanding the metal.

Friday, July 08, 2005 5:07 AM
Mine rubs on the passenger side if i dont lift it up a tad bit while opening. I also have drift sides. But i also sanded as much as possible. No biggie.

Friday, July 08, 2005 6:56 AM
try to adjust the hinges back just a little bit or the fender forward some. Mine were hitting the fender, but i just had to adjust a little more and give it some clearance

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search