DRL - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: DRL
Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:54 AM
Admiral wrote: ...I installed a hid system and it makes my lights flicker on and off for about 3 seconds then the service light comes on

This happens to me when I dont have an HID system, what causes this?

Thursday, June 23, 2005 1:24 PM
You wired it wrong!

Friday, June 24, 2005 3:51 PM
can someone give me a color, like post it? is it like a bright blue??????? or navy blue?

Friday, June 24, 2005 4:32 PM
mikec2003 wrote:its the dark blue wire on hte bcm, its the middle plug, ground out the dark blue wire

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, June 24, 2005 4:36 PM
can someone give me a color, like post it? is it like a bright blue??????? or navy blue?

Friday, June 24, 2005 4:37 PM
there is a dark blue one with a white stripe.....................................

is it like THIS COLOR?

Friday, June 24, 2005 5:02 PM
its the middle plug on the BCM, its the only blue wire in the middle plug (the plug itself is also blue)
Friday, June 24, 2005 5:04 PM
well, i guess i cant do it on a 2002 cavalier, cause i have like 3 blue wires, i dont kno what ur talkin about then......... i have a light blue, a dark blue, a dark blue with a white line.....................

Friday, June 24, 2005 5:33 PM
jwagg wrote:well, i guess i cant do it on a 2002 cavalier, cause i have like 3 blue wires, i dont kno what ur talkin about then......... i have a light blue, a dark blue, a dark blue with a white line.....................

You have 2 blue wires. 1 LIGHT blue and 1 DARKER BLUE...

Now cut the DARKER SOLID BLUE WIRE off the MIDDLE connector and you will be fine. Dont forget to GROUND IT OUT

Saturday, June 25, 2005 11:36 AM
STLWACO wrote:You wired it wrong!

Im not trying to disable my lights it just started doing it one day... I dont care about disableing my DRL's just wanted the flashing and service light to stop
Saturday, June 25, 2005 3:38 PM
Hey everyone I got my lights working again. I wired the fog lights up to the DRL and they come one when ever the DRL turn on and then turn off too. plus the switch in side can turn them on when they are turned off if I need it to be. plus my hids look great just wanted to add that.

JD Ginn wrote:
STLWACO wrote:You wired it wrong!

Im not trying to disable my lights it just started doing it one day... I dont care about disableing my DRL's just wanted the flashing and service light to stop

I do belive that the bulb is bad. when the corner lights when out for some strange reson the service light turned on. I would immagne that the headlight would be bad....OR.... in the case of the HID problem where the relays won't allow the bulb to drop below a specific voltage then the hids and the DRL relay mesh and that causes the computer to say there is a problem. I don't know if you just recently replaced your bulbs or if you have not, your headlight might not be working properly. this may fix it but if not I would have it serviced maybee the relay itself is bad!

Blah Blah Blah Royall Purple!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:57 AM
It might be the bulb, but when the drl light flashes, I can see on my wall, both lights flash the same as the drl light, and both my regular beams, and high beams work. The relay is almost brand new due to another problem that I was having... I will replace the bulbs and let you know...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search