ok im confused.....(toyota taillights) - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ok im confused.....(toyota taillights)
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:30 PM
well i sold my car for a z-24 and i was putting on my toyota tails on and everything was going smooth until it came time to cut the white wire under the steering coloum...THERE WAS NO WHITE WIRE!!!!! there are 4 wires: yellow, blue, grey and grey w/ black stripe....i cut the yellow wire thinking that would fix it but it didn't!!! im stressin guys! can anyone give me some advise here???

FEAR THE MINI

Re: ok im confused.....(toyota taillights)
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:09 PM
Sounds like the wrong connector. Two connectors there in the same area, one having like 8 or so wires & being lower then the connector you went into. THe one with around 8 wires would be the one I believe you should find the white in. But that was years ago I did that & could be wrong lol.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:19 PM
ok i went to go take some pix of what im talking about so you can see what i see...

this is what im working with:

these are the 4 wires im talking about: (notice the colors that im pointing out)

this is a pic of the other end of the butt that connects to the pic above

now i did find a white wire on the underside but i don't think thats the one im looking for

ok...need some advice

FEAR THE MINI
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 6:17 PM
wow that is Fncked up mine has a whole lot more wires than that. um do what i did Snip and check that's bout the onlything you can do. Goodluck

<b>Your looking a bit hungry, i think you should grab a spoon and eat my ass!!!!!</b>
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:34 PM
na those are not the wires at all. there should be 2 connectors on top. they are flat connectores. you have the blinker connector not the brake one.
take some pictures from top down on the colum and we can tell you which one better.

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 8:51 PM
will do tomorrow

FEAR THE MINI
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:26 PM
yea...i had that same problem...i cut both grey wires lol...yeai believe the connectors are blue their are like 6-8 wires running into it....if u really want i can post a pic if i can find one

http://www.cardomain.com/id/blinkhero
"In JDM Land the coke truck would have more amber"
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:38 PM
its laying flat and behind the area where your looking at the wires you have pulled out

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:46 PM
please post a pic if you have one blinkhero

FEAR THE MINI
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:52 PM
its a grey wiring harness.... its on top of the steering column laying flat...it should say CC on the wiring harness

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:02 PM
the white wire should be in this harness, behind the wires you are looking at.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:27 AM
no its in the harnes thes directly behind the hazard light switch, like everyone said its a flat harness. the first wire should be white, or a color really really close to white, might be a differant color due to age, and/or the yucky electrical tape.

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:44 PM
6(sic)6 (been bagged!) wrote:no its in the harnes thes directly behind the hazard light switch, like everyone said its a flat harness. the first wire should be white, or a color really really close to white, might be a differant color due to age, and/or the yucky electrical tape.

yup he's right mine was like a yellowish white

Get in my Belly
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 4:41 PM
ok i snapped some shots of what i think is what im looking for...you tell me....

is this it???

FEAR THE MINI
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 6:09 PM
NO that doesnt look like it

ill post a pic of where its at in a sec

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 6:14 PM
IT COMES OUT OF THIS GREY HARNESS THAT I HAVE HIGHLITED IN YELLOW AND CIRCLED IN RED FOR YOU

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:57 PM
are you sure???

FEAR THE MINI
Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:29 AM
yeap... i have 95-99 toyo tails on mine.... it says CC on it or somethin so i thought that it was for the cruise control but finally i got the balls to cut it and it was the correct wire

Thursday, June 09, 2005 5:44 PM
yes thats the right connector cut the damn white wire.. and dont go under 55 or you will blow up.. lol

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:27 PM
The Other Matt wrote:IT COMES OUT OF THIS GREY HARNESS THAT I HAVE HIGHLITED IN YELLOW AND CIRCLED IN RED FOR YOU

YES IT IS THE WHITE WIRE IN THE PLUG THAT IS HIGHLIGHTED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search