lambo doors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lambo doors
Monday, June 06, 2005 6:12 PM
ive been checkin out the lambo doors from cavalier extreme anyone have them id like to know if theyre good quality and if they worth it

Re: lambo doors
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:21 AM
if they are...

VDI or Chin-Wah... they are decent quality, bolt on.

Speedway... very expensive but excellent quality, bolt on, open full 90 degrees.

Decah or universal... crap.

did that help any?

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:27 AM
cannon fodder wrote:if they are...

Speedway... very expensive but excellent quality, bolt on, open full 90 degrees.

did that help any?

the purple man is correct

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:12 AM

did that help any?

I don't get this, someone fill me in

VDI kit @ Verticaldoors.com = 1799.00

Chin-Wah @ CavalierExtreme = 699.99

If you say they are close same product why the price differance??

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:28 AM
Ones is a knock off of the other.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:50 AM
the chin-wah is a knock off of the vdi kit, but its the same exact thing, same type and thickness of metal, they do the same thing, they just apparently arent out to get as much profit as vdi apparently, cuz i have heard nothing but good things about both kits.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:16 AM
Topsub wrote:

did that help any?

in addition to what 1Bad02Cav said, when you buy directly from the manufacturer of the product (VDI), it's always going to cost way more than if you bought through a smaller resale company. there's been VDI kits going for far less money than that too.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:22 AM

Not true, if you havent actually opened and closed one of those doors you wouldnt know how much trouble they are..

POLYFIBER kits $375 (BMX, BC2, Blitz, Drift, KMAX) * CRACKED DASH? CLICK HERE!!
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:23 PM
are they hydrualic like the tailgate of a mini van or do i have to pick them up
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:27 PM
the vdi and mms kits will have a hydraulic strut that holds them up, however, you lift a bit to get it going and then it eases up and goes pretty well on its own with almost no help. PROBLEM: in the real hot weather prepare to get some muscles cuz that 720 or 750 pound strut(whatever they are i dont remember what mine say lol), is gunna be fully charged and nice and warm so bringing the door down takes a lil strength. still the most noticed mod out there. i wouldnt trade mine for anything...accept air lol

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:00 PM
Just a heads up- Joe is likely going to be running a GP on those Chin-Wah doors here soon, so before you buy it there, check with him.

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:26 PM
Actually, Joe from MMS is still running his GP, kinda...if you email him, and try to work w/ him, he is still offering his GP price on them for JBO memebers...just drop him a line and see if he will work w/ you...I have his mounted on my fire, and other than the probs I have run into w/ my kit, I love em...great mod for show, or just for pulling up into a parking lot full of people...like 1Bad02Cav said, would trade it for anything but airride...and even then, it would be a tough decision

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:32 PM
yep. i bought my kit through joe at modified-motorsports. it works great. i dont even think i would trade them for air. i love em. ive mounted them on my sunfire, a friends cavy, and also a celica. all of them work perfect. im almost a pro at it now. no problems whatsoever. believe it or not, the celica was easier to put on than the sunfire and cavy.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:49 PM
Yeah, I knew he was still doing it through e-mail (that's how I got mine), but he just announced in the GP forum that he's going to officially re-open it.

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:45 AM
i want them. you could put them on a rusted out pinto and it would be 5 times cooler. but it would still be a pinto. i though about getting lambos because have you ever had a car full of people get in and have the door stick in the th lawn( mainly where there is a curb) and have them, pull on the door trying to shut it. and my car is at the stock height.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 4:36 AM
Topsub wrote:

did that help any?

Chin Wah=Japan.....price of steel is way cheaper in price than the US thats why it's cheaper...(I think...lol)
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 5:30 AM
Whatever the reason is, if chin-wah makes em for just about any car like VDI does, and they stick around a while, VDI is either gunna be forced to drop their prices or they will ge run out of business, no way they can compete with a company that sells for less than half their price for equal product. and its funny i said i wouldnt trade my hinges for anything but air..... cuz i traded my old easy street kit for the hinges lol. oh well, i dont think i would swap back, air is a lot more time consuming to install, and theres a LOT more people around here with air than verticle hinges.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 5:39 AM
I have the VDI kit and love it. For a while after we had them installed, it was really hard to open/close the doors when they were up. It does come in handy when your car is lowered, and you are parked next to a high curb.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 5:46 PM
there is also another company that sells them too. not to many people know about lsd-doors.com. they are the same price as the vdi's i think. but the only difference is that they come with a safety latch at the bottom. so when the door is up and then you pull it down. it goes into the latch. and all you have to do is pull the door to you like factory. i have the mms kit and i love it. i kinda like the idea of a latch at the bottom, that way when you pull the door you dont have to worry about hitting the striker. check it out they have some videos on their site. www.lsd-doors.com.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:40 PM
i got mine from RedRumCustoms.com they construct them in house so there is no third party and i paid $535 and they are GREAT!!!

WWW.sinisterambitions.com
Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:26 AM
how good are they

Thursday, June 09, 2005 4:36 PM
i got my vdi from www.redrumcustoms.com also. they really are a great company. if you call them, ask for wade. he's cool as hell. good luck.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Monday, June 13, 2005 10:27 PM
rednine7 wrote:there is also another company that sells them too. not to many people know about lsd-doors.com. they are the same price as the vdi's i think. but the only difference is that they come with a safety latch at the bottom. so when the door is up and then you pull it down. it goes into the latch. and all you have to do is pull the door to you like factory. i have the mms kit and i love it. i kinda like the idea of a latch at the bottom, that way when you pull the door you dont have to worry about hitting the striker. check it out they have some videos on their site. www.lsd-doors.com.

I thought i was the only one with this problem..... kinda line the bastard up b4 u close it. Looks cool when u pop the doors up but look stupid if you dont have the striker lined up with the latch. LOL

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/835946
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:28 AM
Redrum does not do them in house they get them from Japan. Wade & Mark are some of the rudest people out there. They screwed my friend on replacement shocks on a kit which was bought from them(the chin-wah one which came from Japan not made by them ha)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search