Front valance...? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front valance...?
Monday, May 30, 2005 9:37 PM
Just wondering if that front black lip/valance thing, under the front stock bumper, if that is important or need at all? i think it looks ugly and mine is cracked anyways and i wanna tear that damn thing off but do i need it for anything if im sticking with the stock bumper for ahiwle? sry if its a dumb question just wondering whatchya all think...

Re: Front valance...?
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:08 AM
actually its very important. its for air induction purposes so its not really a good idea to take it off... i wanted to take mine off too cuz it looks like crap but its not a good idea at all...

Travis

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:06 PM
I think you will get mixed responses for this. I personally beleive that it is unneccesary. It blows extra air onto your radiator, but air also finds its way to the radiator in many other ways. Several people on here have been running with out one and have no problems. It is up to you. If you took it off and the radiator wasn't getting enough air, you could always put it back on.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:01 PM
im not trying to jack your thread or anything but while were on the topic. i just broke that piece last night (damn skunk) and was wondering how it comes off. im looking to get one at a scrap yard and was wondering how hard it would be to replace?

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:43 PM
I took it off my wifes 95 cavy and had no problems, its just a piece of urethane or abs plastic and as far as im concerned it changed nothing

I Love Anything Fast Enough I Can Do Something Stupid On
Just cause it's a domestic don't mean she can't kick your damn rice's @$$
That thing gotta ecotec? Un Huh!
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:03 PM
An armadillo took mine off for me.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:55 PM
When I got into my car accident with a doggy it got torn off. I noticed the car ran a little hotter and when I replaced it it ran cooler again. So its up to you.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:59 PM
if you take it off just make sure you keep an eye on your temp and you should be fine.

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:19 PM
On my 2000 cav that part is in 3 pieces. I had to cut the outer rounded parts off when I installed my valance. They were apart of the inner front fenders and I forget how the middle part was attached.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:33 PM
hmm... thanks guys, wanna rip it off but i don want it to over heat or anything, any other way to like replace it with something that does the same thing but not so ugly?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search