bird crap! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bird crap!
Monday, May 30, 2005 9:38 PM
i know most of u might know this if u have a new paint job or your car as in not the factory one but i had my car repainted dupont 99k black like almost 2 years ago now and it has been though hell. a concrete company got the clear coat on it they put on garage floors 8 months after i got it and i have done everything but wet sand it to get it out and it hasnt worked. i paid 3k for the paint job and it was ruined then. i tried to do stuff about it but nothing. ne ways, i blew my motor so my car has been sitting outside while i am rebuilding it. i wash it every week and when i went to wash and wax it sat, i notice after i cleaned it, a spot where a bird had @!#$ on my car and sat there for a week in the sun ate staight through my clear coat and paint and left a big ass bear spot the size of a half dollar in the very middle of my hood! it looks so bad and no i am pissed. so i am goin to cutsom fab my own ram air hood for it and call it good. but just a warning to everyone else, do not let bird @!#$ sit on your car for very long at all.

Re: bird crap!
Monday, May 30, 2005 11:06 PM
bird @!#$ shouldnt eat all the way through clear and paint, it may blemish the clear and need waxed or buffed out, but unless that bird @!#$ acid, it should have done that. I think theres something wrong with your paint. And why didnt you have the concrete company pay for a new paint job?

Monday, May 30, 2005 11:39 PM
This is an unfortunate possibility- I've seen it happen to other guy's cars before. My brother had a Trans Am (blown motor, very sad day) with the color-shifting paint on it. But he never washed it. I told him bird $#!t would do that, but he didn't believe me. sure enough, when he did wash it, there were huge spots where it had eaten the clear coat and discolored the paint. True story. So definately, definately get that stuff off as quickly as possible if you notice it.

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:10 AM
i tired to get a hold of the ass hole owneer of the company but every time i would go to see him, he would leave, he wouldnt return my calls or answer them and would accept ne of the letters sent to him. i tried everything possible to get him for it but by the time i got a lawyer involved, they said it was to late and other things could have caused it even though i had witnesses and stuff. that was only 30 after it happened they told me that (the courts). but on an aftermarket pant job i guess u could say, bird crap has enough acid in it to do that to your car. just like if u leave water spot on ur car and let the sun beat on them all day, they can perminitly be imprinted in ur paint unless ur wetsand or use finishing polish and a buffer to get them out.
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:37 PM
my dad's blazer had a spot near the top where was a nice sized spot of airborne dung. it ruined the clear coat in that area and discolored the paint. however if you wax your car every few months and wipe the bird crap off within 3 or 4 days even if it's been sittin in the heat, you'll have no problem. now i just need to find a way to keep this one bird away who loves to perch on my mirror. i go out to my car in the mornings and looks at me almost mockingly and flies off leaivng mess. that $h!t is for the birds.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search