Online Paint Samples - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Online Paint Samples
Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:44 PM
anyone know any links of paint samples online...so i can just look threw to look at what color i would like to paint my car

Re: Online Paint Samples
Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:51 PM
You won't find any. The color difference just with different monitors is enough to completely change the color. Paint companies won't put chips online because if you end up ordering them, and they look completely different, guess who gets the bad publicity.

You'll have to order chips.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, May 30, 2005 9:00 AM
house of kolor has paint chips online, on their factory direct website http://www.hokpaint.com/chips.html
Monday, May 30, 2005 5:45 PM
rouenacanoe wrote:house of kolor has paint chips online, on their factory direct website http://www.hokpaint.com/chips.html

yeah but as said... with different monitors and such... they won't look the same as the actual color.

X-otic has a site where you call a number close to you, and they give you a local x-otic paint dealer that will have the chips and be able to help you with your ordering...

X-otic's chip samples are MUCH better than HOK too... I've seen them both, and personally am going to paint my car with X-otic

Monday, May 30, 2005 6:51 PM
Do you have an idea on what you're wanting?? whether it be a pearl, candy, etc.? I know a loca parts store here, that also sells alot of paint supplies has all the Dupont Hot Hue chips available in store for customers to look at. I work at a body shop that that uses Dupont, so we have all their OEM colors, as well as their hot hue, candys, pearls etc catalogs on hand. I would call around and see what you can find out. Custom shops should have chips you can look at. Worst case scenario, you could always contact a paint manufacturer and order a book from them. I think our custom Dupont catalog had a "$13.00" price tag on it, which is a small price to pay. Only other thing I can think of is to check out shows, find something you like and talk to the owner to see if they can fill you in on what they are using. Hope this helps a little
Monday, May 30, 2005 8:25 PM
yea i have been thinking about a viper red which its gonna be a lil while b4 i get it painted cuz of the cash funds....i was just bored and thought i would ask

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search