What color brake calipers?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What color brake calipers??
Monday, May 30, 2005 3:31 PM
The theme for my car is burgundy and black. I wanted to paint my brake calipers burgundy but I can't find any paint that color. I don't want to use black because you won't be able to see it; plus my rims are black so that won't make sense. I don't want to use red because my car is burgundy and I think red would be tacky. So what do you think I should do?

Re: What color brake calipers??
Monday, May 30, 2005 3:33 PM
if yo uhave stock brakes they should never be painted anythign except black... theres no reason to make small dinky disk brakes up front and drukm brakes in the stand out... maybe its just me but I'd rather hide them then make them stand out

Monday, May 30, 2005 3:40 PM
Darkstars wrote:if you have stock brakes they should never be painted anything except black... theres no reason to make small dinky disk brakes up front and drum brakes in the rear stand out... maybe its just me but I'd rather hide them then make them stand out

had to fix that alittle bit.... holiday + drinking > my ability to type hahahahaha

Monday, May 30, 2005 4:28 PM
i agree....keep em black, it will be a lil different with black rims...however, they dont need to stand out...

red is damn tacky, and i laugh everytime i see some piece with red calipers
Monday, May 30, 2005 7:14 PM
I was gonna paint mine red.......
I'm getting black RSS Kama wheels (17"), and painting the calipers red.... but I'm thinkin about not doin it. I always just wanted to keep the exterior completely stock, the ultimate sleeper. I just hate drivin around with hubcaps........ what do you guys think?
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 8:01 AM
What color is your car. If ther is nothing else red on your car I don't think you should do it. But that is just my opinion.
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 1:39 PM
if you want burgundy, go get some high heat tremclad, should beable to get the color you want then, it will last just as long or longer

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 1:44 PM
i was thinkin of painting mine red too and i'll do it! my car is black with red accents anyway so I think it will look good, and thats all that matters!
Friday, June 03, 2005 6:51 PM
Darkstars wrote:if yo uhave stock brakes they should never be painted anythign except black... theres no reason to make small dinky disk brakes up front and drukm brakes in the stand out... maybe its just me but I'd rather hide them then make them stand out

I agree stock brakes look like ass, I just painted mine flat black. Plus you can't see the brake dust. I have seen some painted red and yellow and other light colors. They look good clean but after the brake dust gets on there they look bad.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search