can i tune - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can i tune
Friday, April 10, 2009 4:07 PM
can i tune my factory pcm or do i need to get ms

Re: can i tune
Friday, April 10, 2009 4:11 PM
HPTuners

Friday, April 10, 2009 7:25 PM
does it matter that i have a 2200
Friday, April 10, 2009 7:28 PM
Friday, April 10, 2009 7:46 PM
idont really understand all the stuff that has to deal with it like all the credits and so forth. im new with all this stuff but i want to learn how to work on my car so if somthing goes wrong i can fix it myself
Friday, April 10, 2009 7:57 PM
First thing you'll need to do is buy a service manual so that you can actually work on your car.
Second thing is read. This is the basis of learning something new and upon doing so, in time, you'll know alot.
This is how we all have done it and research is key to doing something that we've never done before.
I just got HPT a little over a month ago and boy, have I got alot to learn but that's what I'm doing.
Heck, today, I spent 3+ hours studying HPT, my tunes, and comparing them to stock tunes along with reading the HPT forums and this forum.

So you see, take your time and take that first step in knowing your car. Start with the basics and work your way up to the tuning world.
Good luck man.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, April 10, 2009 8:03 PM
i pretty much know my car just dot understand the tunning aspect of it or how to
Saturday, April 11, 2009 1:17 AM
larry stutler wrote:idont really understand all the stuff that has to deal with it like all the credits and so forth. im new with all this stuff but i want to learn how to work on my car so if somthing goes wrong i can fix it myself

I posted a link of the supported vehicles list for HPTuners. That should give you an idea of wether or not you can use it.

On the other hand, since you admittedly don't know what you're doing, and seem to have little knowledge in general about the whole issue.... tuning is a REAL bad thing for you to try to mess with. Since you can destroy your engine with improper settings.

www.gmscf.com
Saturday, April 11, 2009 5:37 AM
larry stutler wrote:i pretty much know my car just dot understand the tunning aspect of it or how to
Honestly, if you have no aspect of tuning, I would save your money.... You could do more damage then good...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, April 11, 2009 9:32 AM
i wasnt going to do it myself i was going to have a friend do it that has tuning experience just wanting to know the factory pcm can have a tune or do i need to buy a aftermarket pcm
Saturday, April 11, 2009 9:57 AM

Saturday, April 11, 2009 10:01 AM
larry stutler wrote:i wasnt going to do it myself i was going to have a friend do it that has tuning experience just wanting to know the factory pcm can have a tune or do i need to buy a aftermarket pcm
Can I ask why you want it tuned? I looked at your mods and I don't see anything that makes me feel that the net gain is worth the money for HPT or a tune..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:10 PM
just feel like it has more to let go of
Sunday, April 12, 2009 1:53 AM
larry stutler wrote:i wasnt going to do it myself i was going to have a friend do it that has tuning experience just wanting to know the factory pcm can have a tune or do i need to buy a aftermarket pcm

still haven't looked at the supported vehicles list?

www.gmscf.com
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:42 PM
larry stutler wrote:im new with all this stuff but i want to learn how to work on my car so if somthing goes wrong i can fix it myself

tuning doesn't fix anything, repairs/maintenance does.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:12 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
larry stutler wrote:im new with all this stuff but i want to learn how to work on my car so if somthing goes wrong i can fix it myself

tuning doesn't fix anything, repairs/maintenance does.

Sure it does, I "fixed" my Catalytic Converter w/ HPTuners

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Friday, April 17, 2009 1:47 PM
nice/\

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search