megasquirt question - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
megasquirt question
Sunday, April 05, 2009 9:49 PM
Hello everyone. Putting a megasquirt 2 pcb 3.0 together and if I am only running ms2 for fuel will I need a 2nd coolant temp sensor? Or is that only for standalone or datalogging?

Thanks
Jason

Re: megasquirt question
Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:15 PM
Yes you will need either the 3-wire temp sensor...one lead for the factory system and the other for the MS or you need to place a second sensor somewhere. To run MS as fuel only you will need a Tach signal, TPS, IAT, CLT, and an O2 (wideband). You can even let the factory ECU run the IAC until you feel comfortable to wire it up to the MS and give it a try. You can T-tap the TPS by the way. But the other sensors can't be T-tapped without running into problems. Tach signal can be had from the ICM(since your running fuel only, you will still have it) so all you need to do is get a new IAT somewhere an O2 in the exhaust and figure out what you want to do for the CLT.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:41 AM
I suggest using the 3-wire sensor just because it saves you time on drilling and tapping a place for the second sensor.

www.gmscf.com
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 7:08 AM
^Add to that list a MAP signal, just a T-tap off a vacuum line since the sensor is internal to the MS.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:35 AM
Not running a heater core so I was gonna stick a 2 wire next to the egr where the water goes from the core to block

Jason

Thursday, April 09, 2009 11:24 PM
Where can we get said 3 wire temp sensor?
Friday, April 10, 2009 12:36 AM
Joshua Dearman wrote:^Add to that list a MAP signal, just a T-tap off a vacuum line since the sensor is internal to the MS.

Unless you choose to run a GM MAP sensor. I don't see why people do that though, the internal works great.

Admiral Jedi wrote:Where can we get said 3 wire temp sensor?

Not sure on the part number, but you can pick it up from AutoZone or NAPA or anything like that. Not sure on the GM part number, but it's for a 93 Cavalier, with a 2.2.

You'll also need an extra TPS plug or something to plug into it.

www.gmscf.com
Friday, April 10, 2009 4:09 PM
^true true. I like getting the 4bar MAPDaddy add-on and having isobaric correction. That's always nice, at least it was when I was in CA since I went to Yosemite and the beach all the time.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 3:47 PM
What kind of car? I just installed a ms2 v3.0 in a 2000 sunfire with the 2.2 (Not eco)
I ended up using a msd tach adapter for tach signal.
Tuesday, May 05, 2009 8:08 PM
^that was a bad idea. The MSD tach signal is not a good tach signal for critically timed events. The tach adapter simulates a square wave based on when it sees the spark plug fire. Sounds fine, but what happens when you remember that the spark signal can be retarded or advanced from what is actual? I really wish MSD would make a mention of this with the advertisement of this product.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:25 AM
I certainly hope you're not using the tach adapter to run the MS on? I'm hoping that you mean you're running a tach on it.

www.gmscf.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:21 AM
SHOoff wrote:I certainly hope you're not using the tach adapter to run the MS on? I'm hoping that you mean you're running a tach on it.

We cant help everybody......

Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:39 PM
Yeah, some people have it coming.

www.gmscf.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search