wtf?!? Help!!! - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wtf?!? Help!!!
Friday, March 27, 2009 2:28 PM
Some of you may have seen my other thread with my leaning out problem after putting in a "mail order tune" if you wana put it thta way. Well I got my old pcm back that was actualy tuned on my car, just with a few changes:speed limiter,trans settings,closed loop enabled again because it was accidentaly disabled, and injector constant corrected for my 440cc injectors I put in when I put in the other pcm. No ve/pe tables were touched.

Well I just put my original pcm in with the changes I listed as well as a fresh set of ngk plugs, and the car wont even idle but for a few minutes then stalls. It shows waay lean on my wideband, past 17 which my aem reads too. WTF is wrong, could my fuel pump have taken a @!#$ on me? Is it possible for the pcm to be hooked up wrong, like the connections backwards or something? My front o2 may be bad which I got a cel for it with my pcm before which went away and came back but hadnt checked it again.

Im leaving my battery unhooked for a while, had it unhooked when I changed pcm's/plugs. Plug gap is also the same as I had it and pretty sure I had a fouled out plug before. The injector constant is also the same fomula that shifted used for 440's in an ld9.

Any ideas?

Re: wtf?!? Help!!!
Friday, March 27, 2009 3:37 PM
passlock relearn

Friday, March 27, 2009 3:41 PM
I not exactly sure how on a j-body, could you explain?

Friday, March 27, 2009 4:38 PM
Ok so I just did the damn passlock relearn just like it says in the library and it still wont start/stay running. Theftlock and service lights went away though. Is there any chance that its not working from not doing the passlock right after installing the pcm? Like Ive been playing with things and trying to start it for a while now, should the passlock have been done right away?

It will start when I first try and die after a few seconds, then any tries after that it wont even start unless I wait awhile which then it just dies again.

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:02 PM
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge to tell you that you've got a bad fuel pump?
I had similar issues in which the car would start up fine, idle fine for a few seconds and then just die.
Luckily, I had a fuel pressure gauge under hood which told me that the fuel pump was gone and only putting out 10psi and dropping after an initial 40psi startup.
So this would be the first place I'd go and your wideband is telling you this too.
Once you know this, you should be able to go and hopefully get things going.
Good luck.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:09 PM
Yes I do have a rail mounted fp gauge, even with the other pcm which would go lean and want to die a few minutes into driving the idle pressure was fine. Even now its still fine, the car wont stay running long enough for me to even get out and look at it but the gauge still reads when "on" as the its pressurized.

Cause Ive thought Ive had injector/pump problems but the base fuel pressure is fine, it seems like I just cant seem to get a decent tune on the car. I realy am clueless why the hell its doing this now though with my original @!#$ tune, makes me soo mad. I did order a walbro 255 inline pump a little while ago though, have a blazer intank sitting around somewhere as well.

Im gona put the other mail order pcm in tomorow and try the passlock which I never did with that one, but if its still @!#$ty it will tell me if its a spark problem atleast. My plug wires are pretty old(coil swap).

I realy am clueless.

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:44 PM
Does anyone have any clue why it would be doing this? I just cant seem to figure how the same exact tune that came off my car with no changes to the afr wouldnt even stay running. Fuel pressure is there, just wb is waay lean and sounds like no cylinders want to fire.

Its rattling my brain! I like seriously am thinking about getting a stock pcm and running a 1-bar tune and fmu until I can get my own damn hpt. Is there absolutely any way the pcm could be hooked up wrong?

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:46 PM
Ok so the ECU/ you got back was tuned before on your car. correct? Then since it was tuned you had the injector constant changed? If so that is your problem. You need to retune the VE tables.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:51 PM
Would that seriously cause the car to not even idle properly? Both pcm's were just modified versions of the sc flash. My original pcm didnt actualy have any ve tuning from logging, just some pe tables modded cause of a stalling problem and a commanded afr set which at the point closed loop was disabled and left. The other tune which would go lean a few minutes into driving didnt have any ve tuning either but ran fine on the other car, just constant set for the 440's.

Friday, March 27, 2009 7:05 PM
If it is a GM reflash and the injector constant was change to the correct constant using the stock N/A injectors, then hell yes it would. I just did this on my car, and I had to raise my VE tables because it was sooo lean it would not run.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 27, 2009 7:17 PM
God damnit lol, I never even thought about this. Yes the constant is correct using the stock injector formula, the guy who did it checked it like 3 times and it is exactly as shifted did it. Yea I realized it went a little richer upping the fp with my fmu, but Im not gona up base pressure to like 70psi just for it to idle properly then still run like @!#$. I guess Im gona put the other pcm back in tomorow and see how it is, then have to go get some actual tuning done on the car locally.

Friday, March 27, 2009 8:11 PM
Mail Order Tune/Scam FTL

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Friday, March 27, 2009 8:25 PM
Well basically it wasy a sc flash with inj constant changed for 440cc injectors, but NO ve tuning was done. Funny though even with the basic sc flash and 310cc injectors my car ran like @!#$, even sc'd... every tune is different.

Believe me it def isnt any kind of scam. Good friend whos done alot for me and been on this forum along time. I got most of his turbo setup, and pcm as well. Thats why hadnt thought of it as a mail order tune, but Ive had the EXACT same setup as someone else and their tune ran like @!#$ on my car. Ive learned each tune must be done on each dif car, even as simple as a sc flash

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:16 PM
LOL well yeah not exactly mail order then If it had been you would have gained like 50whp or something like that. </sarcasm>

HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Friday, March 27, 2009 10:16 PM
BlackEco wrote:LOL well yeah not exactly mail order then If it had been you would have gained like 50whp or something like that.

Exactly! mail order tune and being drunk ftw!!! Gona put the mail order in tomorow.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:26 PM
So I put the other tune back in(not my original) and it ran like @!#$. Very lean and vac wouldnt go below 10, and cel flashed. Check my plug wires and the connector inside had come like out kinda. Fixed that and fired up fine. Could this have caused a problem with the other pcm?

I think Im gona grab one of those cheap accell wire sets from like pep boys and try my pcm again. It ran fine on the guys car right before he sent it, even with lsj injectors and constant set for 440s.

Monday, March 30, 2009 11:13 PM
BlackEco wrote:Mail Order Tune/Scam FTL

This is not a scam dip shi t. I gave him his stock computer back and changed exactly what he told me to. He also has my fu ckin reflashed computer and I am left with no ecu at all until he sorts it out. So how is this a scam? Quit calling it a mail order tune I did not tune the vehicle I simply changed his injector constant, idle, trans settings, and closed loop. I have tried in every way possible to be proper about this. The problem is not on my end I have done everything asked of me. Mike when you get it sorted out just send me back one of the two I don't care which. Good luck man I hope you find the problem and if you want anymore changes I can do that too , ttyl

Windy City TurboZ
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:10 AM
Dragracemyz24 wrote:
BlackEco wrote:Mail Order Tune/Scam FTL

This is not a scam dip shi t. I gave him his stock computer back and changed exactly what he told me to. He also has my fu ckin reflashed computer and I am left with no ecu at all until he sorts it out. So how is this a scam? Quit calling it a mail order tune I did not tune the vehicle I simply changed his injector constant, idle, trans settings, and closed loop. I have tried in every way possible to be proper about this. The problem is not on my end I have done everything asked of me. Mike when you get it sorted out just send me back one of the two I don't care which. Good luck man I hope you find the problem and if you want anymore changes I can do that too , ttyl

He said "Mail Order Tune" DipScheiße ....

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:14 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:passlock relearn

Id say we know abit about that

zoo anyone

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search