HPT - reflash not "taking"? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT - reflash not "taking"?
Friday, March 20, 2009 7:47 AM
has anyone flashed a tune and had somethings not work or change? First, I'm sure I saved the tune before flashing, second the editor said it ran successfully.

I have done a write entire and keep getting the same DTC even though it is supposedly turned off (3-no error reported in VCM editor->engine diag->DTC's). No one on HPtuners.com/forum seems to have a suggestion.

Thoughts?

Re: HPT - reflash not "taking"?
Friday, March 20, 2009 10:55 AM
just a guess, but GM may have hard coded it so that you cannot turn of the code in question.

What exactly are you trying to turn off and why? Typically those codes are there for legal reasons or for your cars safety.

I have never tried to mess with the DTC disable/enable functions, as i understand there can be pretty hefty penalties in some states if you are caught doing so... as it is a violation of several manditory vehicle laws and emmisions regulations. Very similar to ficticious license plates or falsifying government documents.

Friday, March 20, 2009 2:32 PM
make sure you're disabling the right DTC.

write down the number, then find the number in the list and disable it. if you still think the DTC is active, read the calibration thats flashed on the car's pcm and confirm.

when you set to 3-No Error Reported.. the code is still active, but if there's a problem it won't throw a CEL, and will pass readiness checks.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:04 AM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:make sure you're disabling the right DTC.

write down the number, then find the number in the list and disable it. if you still think the DTC is active, read the calibration thats flashed on the car's pcm and confirm.

when you set to 3-No Error Reported.. the code is still active, but if there's a problem it won't throw a CEL, and will pass readiness checks.

I think i found the problem. It was ME lol. There was an old catalyst low effiency in the history on the scanner from when i drove my car open down pipe to the exhaust shop. It used to say " history old immature" now it says "history old current immature"

I guess magnaflow high flow cats only last ~9 months?? I turned off the associated code and no CEL so far...

For what its worth the original codes were "U" network codes. Loss of communication with DIM, loss of communication with IRC.

Thanks for reading guys.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search