Innovate LM-1: Error 02 (Anybody else run into this?) - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Innovate LM-1: Error 02 (Anybody else run into this?)
Friday, October 12, 2007 7:36 PM
I've had nothing but problems with my Innovate LM-1, and it's latest error is "Error 02: Heater Circuit Open".

The instructions list the following as a potential cause and solution:

-Damaged cable or DIN connector not fully seated

-Verify DIN connector is fully seated into unit
-Repair/replace cable

I pulled the cable, removed the sheaths, and checked all the wires from top to bottom. I then basically just screwed around with the cable for about 20 minutes, shifting it in different positions, trying different angles, and I even opened the controller and checked the DIN port as well. I found nothing. I did at one point get it to warm up, and then once that happened, I received "Error 04: Pump Cell Circuit Open" with the following causes and solutions:

-Damaged cable or DIN connector not fully seated
-Sensor heater calibration incorrect

-Verify DIN connector is fully seated into unit
-Repair/replace cable
-Perform complete heater calibration

It then worked for about 2-3 minutes, and is now back to a permanent Error 02. Rather than piss around with it anymore, I just went out and bought a new DIN cable. Well, that did absolutely nothing except cost me $30.

I can't perform any calibrations (heater or free air) as it won't let me get past the error message, and I also talked to the Innovate tech support, and replacing the cable was supposed to work. The unit only has about 5000 miles on it, so if I have to replace the sensor too, I'm gonna be pretty pissed. That'll be over $100 spent repairing it, and if I would have known that it might cost me that much to repair it, I would have rather forked out the additional cash and just bought an AEM UEGO.

Either way, if anyone else has run into this problem, and subsequently, come across a solution, please let me know.

Thanks.

Re: Innovate LM-1: Error 02 (Anybody else run into this?)
Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:08 AM
I have a LC -1 and had a lot of similar problems when it was new. It was error after error. It would try and warm up then fault out. I updated the software to the newest version off thier website which was supposed to increase the speed of the warm up cycle and some other things. I flashed that to the cable and it has worked great since then. Hope that helps, it's all I got for you.
Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:32 PM
Thanks man.

I'll try to get to a friend's PC (I'm a Mac guy) load the new OS and see what happens.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:48 PM
Yup!
Friday, October 19, 2007 3:41 PM
Did the Firmware update last night, and, nothing. Same crap. The second it receives power it flashes good ol' "Error 02". So now, and I really didn't want to do this, I bought a new sensor off of eBay. I'll have to wait and see if that fixes it.

Man I hate my LM-1...

Sunday, October 21, 2007 1:16 PM
Maybe contaminates on the sensor itself?

MIne LC-1 is brand new and its getting alot of errors and im gonna clean the sensor tip..

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660
Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:30 PM
Lefix wrote:Maybe contaminates on the sensor itself?

MIne LC-1 is brand new and its getting alot of errors and im gonna clean the sensor tip..

Yeah, cleaning the dip does nothing. The actual functioning "sensor" is located up inside of the tip. I used to clean mine off every time I did a free air calibration, then learned from reading, researching and speaking with Innovate, that cleaning the tip is irrelevant with respect to it's function. Bottom line, it can not be effectively cleaned (though cleaning the carbon off the outside always made me feel like I was doing something worthwhile...)

I think I may retract my statement in that "I hate Innovate", and direct it more at Bosch. It's the LSU sensor that's a P.O.S. At this rate, I'm going to have replace the sensor every second oil change, and that is both ridiculous, and not happening.

Friday, October 26, 2007 10:27 PM
So yeah, that was the problem, the Bosch Sensor heater was messed. Bought a new sensor, plugged that in, everything is A-okay now. Hopefully this saves someone else the time and money that I wasted.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search