Boost on a stock tune - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boost on a stock tune
Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:20 PM
Here it is, I did my research on boosting and 3 years later bought a turbo set up of a member here. This is the dilemma, I am stuck at my base over 65 miles from his place. Can I drive at low engine rpm's with all the sensors hooked in (wideband, new map sensor etc) to his house. What rpm and speeds will allow this to work? If not there is a GM dealer not 400 yards away, but I have heard the computer isnt too hot on HP tuners after a gm reflash.
I hope the basis of my question is clear, and if not please let me know. tuning is my weak spot but I am learning everyday.
P.S. if hp tuners will work with a gm reflash i am willing to drop the money to do it first, not your typical cheap a;; the way thing, if i do it it will be right

Re: Boost on a stock tune
Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:41 PM
GM reflash works just beautifully with HPT on the LD9, it doesn't work on the eco.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:46 PM
Ron, in a heterosexual way i love you...
That means I shall get off my a$$ and do it to it. Any rule of thumb on what boost level I should set the t25 too?

Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:49 PM
Start low, work your way up, keeping an eye on your AF's. GM reflash works up to about 8psi probably for that turbo, after that you are going to have to mess with the VE tables.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search