2006 G6 remote start addition - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 G6 remote start addition
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:08 PM
Ok everyone. My GF just bought a new G6 yesterday and it had everything but the remote start on it that she wanted. It was a $150 option from pontiac, they gave her a real hard time about adding it before she bought it. The sales manager even told her she should get an aftermarket instead of the gm. The car is ready for remote start. It only requires a different set of Key Fobs and a software upgrade. I found a kit at GMpartsdirect.com (17800737 Remote Start RPO code AP8 equipped vehicles Remote Start / Power Lock Upgrade) Not sure if this is everything I need, and if so does anyone know how I can get a dealer to upgrade her software? They wouldn't give me a quote on labor. Just want to do this for her before the weather gets too cold. I appreciate your time reading this very long post.

Rick

Sig'less since '02!

Re: 2006 G6 remote start addition
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:19 PM
If you can do the factory one for that cheap, DO IT!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:54 PM
I want to, I can buy the kit on GMPARTSDIRECT.COM for only 162, but will a dealer do the flash to ad it at a cost I can afford? The dealer wouldn't give me a straight answer.
Thanks,
Rick

Sig'less since '02!
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:00 PM
for software of similar function on volvos (where i work) they are about 30 bucks for the app, and a half hour for labor, which is 50 bucks. so your looking at probably around 80-100 bux.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:13 PM
^^^that's not a bad price, id go for it

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:22 PM
That would be great, I have a viper 550 esp in my car that I installed myself, but a nice clean install for her would be great. I really want to keep her car as stock as possible. I appreciate everything you guys had said and keep it coming. I 100% want the gm install. I couldn't believe that the sales manager was telling me to go aftermarket. I guess he just didn't want to be bothered. I know one dealer getting an unfavorable survey.

Sig'less since '02!
Thursday, October 13, 2005 5:49 AM
if the dealer is giving you that much of a runaround, id tell them to go screw themselves and go talk to anohter dealer, just my .02

Thursday, October 13, 2005 8:35 AM
that is what I thought, but it wasn't my car. I guess I will go to another dealer to get the work done. Just don't know any really good dealers. I've always had bad experiences in dealer service departments. I hate not being able to do something myself. I might post something in the regional forums.

Thanks,
Rick

Sig'less since '02!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search