84 CRX new motor swap? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
84 CRX new motor swap?
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:44 AM
Hey, CRX is in the profile (1.6L Integra motor for those who are too lazy)

I'm lookin to upgrade from the integra motor (118 hp stock) to something with more parts available and with more power stock. I dont want to throw anything but a 4-banger in it because of milage issues (I like the 4-banger milage) and size issues.

I've seen alot of the faster CRX's have B18's or something similar in them (a newer integra motor pretty much) and seeing as they are only 1.8L, milage wouldnt be much of an issue. So, any suggestions on what kind of motor I should look for? I'm also looking for ease of swapping (hence why my CRX has the 1.6L integra motor because its almost a direct swap) and price (could probably pull somethin from SGI salvage)

Or what are my options to pull more power out of my current motor (like the 3400 header swap for the 2nd gen cavs) I was thinking of a turbo but that may not be enough for me.

Re: 84 CRX new motor swap?
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:37 AM
Boosted B18 in a CRX will make it scream.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:15 AM
scream? as in fast? lol sorry, not really up to date with slang. Only thing I know is when someone says someone is a tool, then its an insult
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:22 AM
Haha yeah scream as in fast.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:34 AM
honda-tech.com OR jdmcivic.com. I'd try to stay away from JDMC they're a bunch of dick heads and every post you make they will tell you to search, close your thread, then ban you so if you have to use JDMC just search

But to quickly answer, depending on your goals determines your motor. If you want turbo go with integra LS motor (B18b) if you want NA go GSR (b18c) and if you have tons of money to throw around.. either integra typeR (b18c5) OR RSX-S (k20). I'm pretty sure those are the engine codes, been out of the honda thing for quite some time. But the new thing is the K-series swaps and not so much the B-series anymore... just depends on how much you're willing to spend.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:37 AM
hey cool, you're back.

now you can defend yourself like you said you would.

please answer this post and prove the points you made, in which you said you would come back with timeslips/dyno sheets, something....

but why do you need a better engine... you're already running 108mph with 120whp. you have no mods, so i suggest different plugs and wires, that should net you at least 10hp and you'll be hitting 11's in no time, probably at about 125mph.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=96612&t=96612&start=0
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:58 AM
you never cease to make yourself look like an ass. You're no better than jordan except you dont post stories noone believes. Here's the info I found out less than a week ago

Findings

Look for my first post on that page, and maybe you'll clue in.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:00 AM
sorry, second
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:03 AM
B22

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:09 AM
glad to see you finally feel as stupid as you sounded.

so to set things straight.

i was right the entire time.

you were wrong.

not only that you argued as if you knnew what you were talking about, when in fact you were clueless and were too stupid to listen to those who obviously know a thing or two.

so in closing. please start listening more, and talking less.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:21 AM
But you see, you're the only one who tried to throw it in my face. Most people look at this place as a place to go for advice on their car. It's asses like you who drive people away from forums and such. And the whole "I was right, you were wrong" thing comes from 8 year olds at the playground. Keep in mind I said maybe my Camry's odometer may have been off, because another friend of mine measured an exact 1/4 mile, and I really dont feel like going out there with a measuring tape, because in this weather, that may also not be very accurate.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:47 PM
stop being dumb then, and claiming things as FACT, when they are simply ill-informed guesses.
it is not difficult to measure a 1/4 mile. if you cant figure it out i will help you.

mark off your start spot.
reset trip odometer if so equipped (if not make sure your metre number has just changed and locked)
drive 400 metres (.4 kilometres) .. (well actually its 402.3 metres)
mark it off.
drive back.
drive the 1/4 mile.
make a highly inaccurate stopwatch measurement.
glance at your speedometer to determine what your speed is
remember that your trap speed will be slightly lower as the trap speed is an average claculated over the last 60 (60/80/100 feet, i cant remember) feet.

then realize that 108mph is actually 174km/h, and 160km/h is 99mph.

something else you could try is to time your 0-100mph time (161km/h)

oh yeah dont forget to make the measurement with a car that has the stock sized tires on it, or a tire package that doesnt vary in overall diameter from stock.

i am patiently awaiting the results. video would be nice.
Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:48 PM
carguy05 what the @!#$ is a b22. build up a ls/vtec and put in there. it would haul ass
Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:53 PM
ecotec?

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 8:41 PM
b22 is from passport or CRV i think... or a b20 with a diff head, or an h22 with a diff head... i really cant member.
Friday, October 14, 2005 4:08 AM
Go with a b16 from a JDM civic. Its 160hp and parts out the ass. Seems to be a real common swap for CRX's also. Does pretty good in my friends hatch. He pulled a 14.7 with just an intake. So a CRX is a bit lighter so should see some better results.

Friday, October 14, 2005 8:22 AM
JuicedDSM(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:Go with a b16 from a JDM civic. Its 160hp and parts out the ass.

thats the SiR I that has 160hp, prolly be an easier swap seeing as how its an 88-91 engine. And only $1500 for a complete change over setup from hmotorsonline.

the SiR II has 170hp, $2250 for a complete change over.

B18b (integra LS, good for boost) 145hp, $2200 for change over

B18c (GSR) 180hp, $3149 for change over

H22a (92-95 prelude) 200hp, $2199 for change over

K20, 220hp, $5600 for motor tranny and ECU. If you have a @!#$ ton of money, thats the engine to go for.

Thats pretty much all the standard swap engines for you and prices so you can get an idea.
Friday, October 14, 2005 11:09 AM
k20. its the wave of the future and with a few simple bolt ons will take heavily modded b18c's all day long.

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:19 AM
JuicedDSM(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:Go with a b16 from a JDM civic. Its 160hp and parts out the ass. Seems to be a real common swap for CRX's also. Does pretty good in my friends hatch. He pulled a 14.7 with just an intake. So a CRX is a bit lighter so should see some better results.

accually he would prolly want to get a b16a1 not an a2 cause and a2 is obd2 and he has obd 0-1 so b16a1 from a crx si jdm motor if you have the 1.6 teggy motor then you will need
1 motor mounts
2 computer
3 tranny
4 wiring harness
5 engine of course
6 i dont know if any of the first gen crx came fuel infected but if yours is then no other parts needed

and that should really in a nutshell take car of what you need

does any one know if the 1.6 teggy motor a "b" series motor cause if it is your could really get away with
1 computer
2 engine
3 wiring harness

cause almost all b series parts are swapable
hope that helps any one can add what i forgot and what i have missinformed
Friday, October 14, 2005 12:28 PM
articzap wrote:k20. its the wave of the future and with a few simple bolt ons will take heavily modded b18c's all day long.

Beat me to it!

K20 would for sure be my choice at this point, very impressed with that platform.

Friday, October 14, 2005 1:32 PM
do a DOHC zc motor. 130 horsepower. and its cheap. then turbo that biatch

Friday, October 14, 2005 2:04 PM
K Series

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:26 AM
Damn, I paid almost 6g for my camry at a dealership... whereas I coulda bought a whole new motor, got a hella fast car, and saved myself alot of trouble... until the swap happens
Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:30 AM
forgot to mention yes, some CRX's of the same year as mine came with fuel injection. I dont know if mine originally was, but it definitely is now
Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:24 PM
Calvin Di Bartolo wrote:scream? as in fast? lol sorry, not really up to date with slang. Only thing I know is when someone says someone is a tool, then its an insult

just poking around and wondering how that is up to date

people said cars scream before we were born

other cars, better cars?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search