prelude 97+ vs gsr94+..help me choose - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
prelude 97+ vs gsr94+..help me choose
Monday, October 10, 2005 8:38 PM
well folks..i've been saving all sorts and now have the money to buy a new car..my 97z has been loyal to me but i think it's time for a change..

2 choices..97+Prelude..94+GSR..

in a car i need/want a few things..good looks-good power/acceleration-good cornering-good gas mileage..i would like it to be a comfortable place to be since i drive alot..and i do both highway and city

tell me what you guys think

Re: prelude 97+ vs gsr94+..help me choose
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:13 PM
I don't know man, but the Prelude would be my choise. For your acceleration, I would get a Integra GSR since they are much lighter than the prelude, but then again, 97 prelude has more style looking and it's a bit bigger in the interior. Since both are Honda, I doubt you have much difference in the suspension and comfort. 97 may pack more options than the 94 though.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:48 PM
yugo?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:27 PM
you want handling speed and looks
why dont you get a miata or something

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:51 PM
i'm a bit bias cause i have a 99 lude. i considered a gsr too, but when it came down to it, there are hardly any 5th gens ludes in my area so thats why it was my choice and i'm glad i made it.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:36 PM
i gotta say im a lil biased too lol. But I have been in a GSR. Both area nice. The GSR is a little more manic with its higher redline of 8500 i believe. The lude redlines at 7500-8000. I liked the much more usable torque of the prelude. The GSRs have nothing off the line at all. Both are sweet though. may wanna look at a type R too. They are more pricey though.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:42 PM
i'd prefer a lude, myself...

manual with a JR blower...mmm mmm tasty. had a friend who had one of those - i've had WAY too much fun with that car.

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:45 PM
did you test drive both?

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:49 PM
who, me or the OP?

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:58 PM
no tommy z

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:30 PM
I assume you aren't but if you plan on going really wild with the mods then the GSR would be a better choice. Both are honda(cura)s and both have a huge aftermarket but the GSR's is that much bigger.

If I had to pick between the 2 I personally would probably go with the GSR purely because of the utility of the hatch in a daily driver, if that wasn't an issue then I'd take the Prelude. I brieflly considered a Type SH before buying my RSX-S.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:25 PM
update=i drove both and i like them both...i like how you sit inside the lude ..feels alot more sporty..burns more gas but still it's alright..both cars handle great...i did like the gs-r a little more..it feels nimbler,,was a lot easier to drive in the city..both are great cars and have basically the same options..the acura shifted smoother..hard choice but i think i'm gonna go with the acura...so i'm i making the right choice?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search