GM announce prices on Caddy STS-V & XLR-V - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM announce prices on Caddy STS-V & XLR-V
Monday, October 10, 2005 5:24 PM
Pics of STS-V found here!
Pics of XLR-V found here!

GM Press Release: 2005-10-10

DETROIT – The 2006 Cadillac STS-V and XLR-V take the performance and luxury attributes of the brand’s growing V-Series lineup to their fullest extent. Debuting in late-2005 (STS-V) and early-2006 (XLR-V), these new supercharged Cadillac’s represent an historic combination of performance technology and hand-crafted elegance.

The 469-horsepower 2006 STS-V is the most powerful Cadillac ever offered.

The STS-V is capable of exceptional performance for an automobile of its size, while also providing a high degree of hand-crafted interior luxury. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) will be $77,090, including destination. Production of the STS-V will be limited to ensure its exclusivity in the marketplace.

The 443-horsepower XLR-V is the quickest and most agile Cadillac ever offered, while also providing a very high degree of hand-crafted interior luxury. Cadillac announced today that the MSRP for the XLR-V in the U.S. market will be $100,000, including destination. Like the STS-V, production of the XLR-V will be very limited to ensure exclusivity. Both the STS-V and XLR-V will be exported to international markets in 2006, with details on pricing in markets outside the U.S. forthcoming.

“These additions to the V-Series lineup mark a new phase of Cadillac’s ongoing renaissance,” says Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. “With an elite level of driving performance, and an added element of hand-crafted elegance, STS-V and XLR-V present a new alternative for the most discerning consumers.”

Both the STS-V and XLR-V combine advanced technology with hand craftsmanship that harkens back to Cadillac’s origins as a custom luxury coach builder. The Supercharged Northstar V-8 engine powering the STS-V and XLR-V is hand assembled to exacting standards at GM’s Performance Build Center in Wixom , Mich. Each engine is built from start to finish by a single expert craftsman.

The interiors of both cars feature extensive use of leather wrapped surfaces, created by craftsmen who cut, wrap and sew leather around components individually. The 2006 STS-V and XLR-V marks the initial phase of a new approach to vehicle interiors for Cadillac. In this first incarnation, the existing luxury interiors of the STS sedan and XLR roadster are significantly enhanced for the limited-production V-Series variants.

Kinetic aluminum accents adorn the steering wheel and instrument panel. STS-V features deep-tinted Olive Ash Burl wood accenting the center stack and door trim. XLR-V uses exotic Zingana wood trim.

“Creating vehicles such as STS-V and XLR-V adds an element of exclusivity and customization that is highly valued by luxury consumers,” Taylor says. “These vehicles are an opportunity for Cadillac to extend the performance and elegance of our product range, exploring the full potential of our vehicles.”

Both STS-V and XLR-V feature the new 4.4-liter Supercharged Northstar V-8 engine, paired with a new 6-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control. This powerful combination enables 0-to-60 (mph) acceleration in less than five seconds. Both the STS-V and XLR-V include numerous chassis enhancements providing outstanding overall performance, developed and tuned at some of the world’s most demanding environments.

Cadillac’s limited production V-Series was founded by the CTS-V, a 400-hp version of Cadillac’s sport sedan launched to wide acclaim in 2004. Cadillac’s V-Series products are designed to be fully competitive with the world’s finest high-performance luxury cars, at prices thousands less than comparable entries.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: GM announce prices on Caddy STS-V & XLR-V
Monday, October 10, 2005 6:23 PM
hey, some one lend me 80k

other cars, better cars?
Monday, October 10, 2005 8:14 PM
for the 100k for the XLR-V , you could buy a Z06 and a cobalt ss/sc

ahahahahhahaahhahaaa

Monday, October 10, 2005 8:38 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]for the 100k for the XLR-V , you could buy a Z06 and a cobalt ss/sc

ahahahahhahaahhahaaa

But it wouldn't be a Cadillac then, now would it???

And that's what GM is doing in this situation. They are making the Cadillac something exclusive, elusive, and recreating the "Standard of the World" that Cadillac should be. Think about it, how many Cadillacs do you see driving by every day??? And then think about how many Maybach 57 or 62's you've EVER seen.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, October 10, 2005 9:13 PM
I've seen a few sts - V series on the road around here last 6 months or so. They had mfg. plates, I believe there made right here as the regular sts is.

Mi padre is selling his current GTO for a STS (plain one though, not v series, I wish....)

A stripped down base sts w/ a v6 is like 40-42k and a fully loaded v8 awd sts is around 65k+ I beleive. so this is an extra 40k tacked on the price of a regular sts. Despite that, I still want it bad.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:21 AM

^^^
its says the sts is 77k not 100k

i think they need the sixteen to come out

i think they should have gone after bently
and ponitac should have their current lineup

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:06 AM
GM is pricing these jewels right. One of their main competiors is the Mercedes-Benz AMGs and they are priced higher and make these V-series a bargain.
For the record, the Benz E55 starts at $82,600 and the SL55 starts at $125,000.

And the STS has it down cold. I have tracked STS V6 vs the BMW 530 and let me say Caddy was flat out better in all aspects of performance and refinement. I just hope consumers see this, because here GM made it apparent that their products is better then the competition.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:14 AM
i think most people understand what caddies are and where they stand

but its the rest of gms line up that needs a kick in the pants

when i tell the average no nothing about cars how much my pontiac cost they say "I didn't know pontiac made cars that expensive" "What does it have in it?"

Its fricking annoying. esp when i have a gto

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:16 AM
I hear ya all the way.^^

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:53 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:GM is pricing these jewels right. One of their main competiors is the Mercedes-Benz AMGs and they are priced higher and make these V-series a bargain.

And the STS has it down cold. I have tracked STS V6 vs the BMW 530 and let me say Caddy was flat out better in all aspects of performance and refinement. I just hope consumers see this, because here GM made it apparent that their products is better then the competition.

but can the XLR V even keep up with a SL55 ?

i know there was 3 SL65's at the local 1/4 track , they were stock as far as i know , and there wasnt a VIPER or Z06 that was anywhere close to keeping up with them , stock for stock

and being the SL65 wasnt made for 1/4 duties , they were running high 11's

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:59 AM
i could buy a house for those prices hehe

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:17 AM
Looks like they will both be high-mid 12 sec cars with their power to weight ratio, possibly low 12s but not 11

Gorgeous cars none the less

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:25 AM
dave lee wrote:I've seen a few sts - V series on the road around here last 6 months or so. They had mfg. plates, I believe there made right here as the regular sts is.

Mi padre is selling his current GTO for a STS (plain one though, not v series, I wish....)

A stripped down base sts w/ a v6 is like 40-42k and a fully loaded v8 awd sts is around 65k+ I beleive. so this is an extra 40k tacked on the price of a regular sts. Despite that, I still want it bad.

My Dad just got an STS rear-wheel drive with a V8 about a month ago. What a nice car!! Lots of power now so I couldn't imagine what the STS-V will be like.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:27 AM
For 100k you think you could get some more hp than 443, the 469 hp output of the STS-v's v8 would have been better the choice for the XLR-V.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:30 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:GM is pricing these jewels right. One of their main competiors is the Mercedes-Benz AMGs and they are priced higher and make these V-series a bargain.

but can the XLR V even keep up with a SL55 ?

i know there was 3 SL65's at the local 1/4 track , they were stock as far as i know , and there wasnt a VIPER or Z06 that was anywhere close to keeping up with them , stock for stock

and being the SL65 wasnt made for 1/4 duties , they were running high 11's

Man the SL65 is a different animal err beast altogether. Twin Turboed V12 604 HP and 738TQ. I have driven one up to 180mph+ with governor removed when I worked at Benz and it got there so f-ing quick. I swear your toes and not your foot should only control the throttle around town. The car has a hard time hooking even at 100mph...seriously! It is way to much power and is desperate need for AWD or Mercedes' 4-matic. Fastest car I have ever driven and it was a handful. After driving it who need the SLR really!

But I believe the XLR-V could keep up side by side to the SL55 (not SL65). Even though XLR-V is rated at 443 hp and 414 lbs.-ft. vs. 492HP and 512 lbs.-ft on the SL55 just because the the Benz weighs in at 4450lbs while the the XLR-V is at 3700lbs, thats a 750lbs difference that could penalize the SL55 but help the XLR-V in a performance race (strait-line or road course).

Besides with the XLR-V you don't have to worry about German quality, that to me is worth the price all together.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:11 AM
The Sl55 is quite underrated however.

The xlr-v should cost 90k tops.
It is nowwhere near the mercedes cars. Much the way the price of lexus's top models have creeped up, you have to earn the respect. Cadillac is not on that level yet. There pricing there cars on that level but the quality is not jumping up the way the price would indicate. 100k for a c6 with some luxuries?? please
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:23 AM
benz quaility , LOL

guess that is why 1 of those SL65's had to get pushed off the track , LOL

i think it has some electrical bug , but he did drive it home later

i also heard the benz had to DETUNE that beast in the SL65 , cause they didnt have a trans that would live with the TQ it put out

i dont think the 100ft of tq the caddie gives up will make up for the 750 pound weight difference , but only time will tell though

either way the caddie V-series are sweet rides , and about 15 years over due

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:07 PM
its got more than enought tq to move it off of the line

and how much is the sl65?
i see an msrp of 185,775
compared to 100k
and some of you are complaining

retarded

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:31 PM
spikej wrote:For 100k you think you could get some more hp than 443, the 469 hp output of the STS-v's v8 would have been better the choice for the XLR-V.

Remember it is only a smallish 4.4L while the Mercedes is at 5.4L. So not only is it 0.2L smaller then the N/A Northstar, but it has more power (123HP on XLR trim) & (149HP on STS trim) then the N/A 4.6L Northstar. It is a healthy jump.

dave lee wrote:The Sl55 is quite underrated however.

The xlr-v should cost 90k tops.
It is nowwhere near the mercedes cars. Much the way the price of lexus's top models have creeped up, you have to earn the respect. Cadillac is not on that level yet. There pricing there cars on that level but the quality is not jumping up the way the price would indicate. 100k for a c6 with some luxuries?? please

^^^Thats funny because German and quality does not go on the same sentence. lol
I don't want to go to far on this. But I will let the charts do the talking.

After 3 year quality rating

Initial Quality-- the first 3 months of use

And for s-h-i-t-s and giggles. Customer satisfaction

Still think Cadillac is not worthy?

[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]benz quaility , LOL
guess that is why 1 of those SL65's had to get pushed off the track , LOL
i think it has some electrical bug , but he did drive it home later
i also heard the benz had to DETUNE that beast in the SL65 , cause they didnt have a trans that would live with the TQ it put out
i dont think the 100ft of tq the caddie gives up will make up for the 750 pound weight difference , but only time will tell though
either way the caddie V-series are sweet rides , and about 15 years over due

Agreed man and not surprised too. On a test run with another SL65 with only 50 miles on it we came back only to find the engine was shaking badly because of misfires on idle.
On that model it uses the 5-peed automatic. It is the only one capable of holding the torque. Because the new 7 speed tranny is as strong as wet paper. That tranny 95-speed) is capable up to 900 ft-lbs of torque.
The reason it did not have more power was because it would simply annihilate the SLR sales and even still the the SL65 is faster. Actually believe me that Benz claims the SL600 is faster just because it is easier to hook up.
But on SL65, the computer will turn down the boost from 23psi to 18-19 psi when the engine is too hot for the obvious reasons. That maybe the only detune it has or encounters.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:36 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
spikej wrote:For 100k you think you could get some more hp than 443, the 469 hp output of the STS-v's v8 would have been better the choice for the XLR-V.

Remember it is only a smallish 4.4L while the Mercedes is at 5.4L. So not only is it 0.2L smaller then the N/A Northstar, but it has more power (123HP on XLR trim) & (149HP on STS trim) then the N/A 4.6L Northstar. It is a healthy jump.

I forgot to mention the reason for the less power on the XLR was because of exhaust routing. On that Vette platform it is more cramped then on Sigma (STS).

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search