New Parts For My Tiburon. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Parts For My Tiburon.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:23 AM
well i just picked up new parts for my tiburon today.. a SAFC 2, Nology Hot Wires and a Ground Wire kit to hopefully solve some grounding issues with my electrical system.. next up is a set of hotshot headers =) ill post pics whenever i get around to putting them on the car.

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"

Re: New Parts For My Tiburon.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:41 AM
I love the looks of the tibbys.

Can you get some extra power out of the car with just the SAFC2 or is it more for other mods coming up? That would be sweet if you can, just keep it out of sight from thieves so you don't end up like me
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:44 AM
dave lee wrote:I love the looks of the tibbys.

Can you get some extra power out of the car with just the SAFC2 or is it more for other mods coming up? That would be sweet if you can, just keep it out of sight from thieves so you don't end up like me

with proper tuning you can get more power yes its not like its going to be a drastic change.. mainly the car runs rich currently all it has is the AEM CAI and from the cat back it has straight 2.5" pipe.. so really it will help balance my AFR and when i get the headers and supercharger its one less thing i have to worry about.. same with the hot wires.
ill see a couple HP out of it but probably not a drastic enough that ill actually notice.

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:44 AM
have fun w/ those headers
if they are anything like the cougar v6 fwd
they are a huge pita

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:59 AM
why would they be like the cougars headers?

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:19 AM
im just referring to the fwd v6
tight fit

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:19 AM
Sappy96 wrote:have fun w/ those headers
if they are anything like the cougar v6 fwd
they are a huge pita

ya they will be a PITA they took a big motor and stuffed it in a little hole.. not much clearance between the front of the motor and the cooling fans.. but the front is suppose to be the most difficult from what i heard the rear will just come right out.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:23 PM
have fun, im doing my exhaust this weekend. 2.5" catback, see any power gains from yours??

View my MySpace
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:28 PM
firebug wrote:have fun, im doing my exhaust this weekend. 2.5" catback, see any power gains from yours??

the exhaust was done like that when i bought it.. it still has the stock headers and downpipe and cat. once i get the new headers and cat and so on ill probably notice a nice difference

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:20 PM
so how did the hotwires feel??

View my MySpace
Friday, October 07, 2005 10:50 PM
firebug wrote:have fun, im doing my exhaust this weekend. 2.5" catback, see any power gains from yours??

...........already, you just bought that thing, but hey if you want some help, call me or whatever, I wanna see if those wheels look any better as well.

Friday, October 07, 2005 11:55 PM
haha yes already!!! but not really I backed out of what I was plaining on doing but im buying an axle back at the end of the month. they want $500 for the whole catback im paying $170+ shipping. the piping looks pretty simple so im going to finish the rest of the "catback" part my self. heres a link to the pic, I like the tilt but I don't know about the size of that muffler. and yes the wheels grow on me a little more each day, but it needs lowered in a bad way. see you tomarrow.

Ark sigle exhaust

View my MySpace
Monday, October 10, 2005 11:37 PM
firebug: that sounds like alot, are there any local shops that can give you the same mufflers and bend the pipes for you cheaper?

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:17 AM
firebug wrote:so how did the hotwires feel??

eh i threw the hot wires on this past friday.. i ran in to a issue it was missfiring i think a ground was bad on it or connection all were in proper order double checked that. so i took them off and put the stock ones back on.. i just didnt have time to spend checking on each one.. i put the ground wires on that made a huge difference.. by huge difference i mean my electrical problem is straightened out no more dimming lights.. the SAFC 2 i havent had a chance to put on it will probably go on in a week or so and then the end of the month ill get it on the dyno and get it tuned.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:06 PM
exhaust isn't cheap for this car. and yes I could do it all my self but I like the looks of it.

View my MySpace
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search