Sweet Celica on Ebay - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sweet Celica on Ebay
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-CELICA-CUSTOM-SHOW-RACE-CAR-10-SPONSORS_W0QQitemZ4578806790QQcategoryZ15288QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I just came across this on ebay. When I saw the interior my jaw just about dropped. May not be everybody's cup of tea but I appreciated all the hard work on the interior and exterior.

Re: Sweet Celica on Ebay
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:30 PM
The whole car is pretty damn sweet

Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:32 PM
I just looked up more info on it. It has a bunch of sponsorships and he belongs to Team ECI. He has older pictures up on his teameci registry.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:33 PM
i like it....

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:38 PM
I like it and thats saying allot since I am not a huge fan of the look of the celica stock.

Jabbles
Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:04 PM
That is a very classy job. I love it.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:31 PM
wow....that things looks damn good

Creative Draft
Creative Draft Member
Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:31 PM
not my cup of tea, but it looks like it's screwed together very well

Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:11 PM
That car was in HCI. I remember seeing it thinking damn thats a lot of work to the interior.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:05 PM
HELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULLLLLL.

Wow , if i only had the moolah to buy that.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:21 AM
why can nobody just paint their hood?

The entire car actually looked kind of cool until I saw the hood.

Some people like that, But I think it makes it look cheap, unfinished, and lazy.

Put the same color hood on and I would actually like it.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:26 AM
^you do realize the hood is carbon fiber? The point is to show off the weave and for lighter weight.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:00 AM
@!#$in sweet......nuff said

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:40 AM
FuGiTiVe wrote:^you do realize the hood is carbon fiber? The point is to show off the weave and for lighter weight.

and you do realize that everyone who has cf on a street car doesnt have it painted

id paint the top and about 2 inches around the bottom and leave the rest so when you pop the hood you can see what it is

other cars, better cars?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:16 AM
Sappy96 wrote:
FuGiTiVe wrote:^you do realize the hood is carbon fiber? The point is to show off the weave and for lighter weight.

and you do realize that everyone who has cf on a street car doesnt have it painted

id paint the top and about 2 inches around the bottom and leave the rest so when you pop the hood you can see what it is

I dont know about anyone else, but ide only buy c/f for the look , not for the weight.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:18 AM
you also realize that the center section of the wing is also cf? so yea, i think its fine unpainted, you gonna tell darkstars to paint all of his hood? didnt think so

im not a bige fan of the celicas exterior design, but i really like this car. looks badass

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:50 AM
no but i was just pointing out
and at least darkstars has some paint on it so it blends better

other cars, better cars?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:30 PM
Sappy96 wrote:

id paint the top and about 2 inches around the bottom and leave the rest so when you pop the hood you can see what it is[/quote

Sappy, and you do realize that in my area there is about 4 street cars with painted cf hoods? Not every street car has an unpainted cf. You shouldn't generalize like that.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:31 PM
Sorry about my confusing post above^

Sappy, and you do realize that in my area there is about 4 street cars with painted cf hoods? Not every street car has an unpainted cf. You shouldn't generalize like that.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:40 PM
no, i didnt i have never seen one

other cars, better cars?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:53 PM
That's sweet. I would love to have it.

J-body of Kentucky

Sunday, October 02, 2005 11:34 PM

No, I never knew it was carbon fiber! I thought it was saran wrap!

Seriously though, I understand what you are saying, but my personal taste is that you shouldn't have to "show off" you have a carbon fiber part. Paint it and atleast make it look good. I'm not talking about Darkstars car, it's his preference how he does his car and I wont tell him how to paint it. I'm not telling you how this Celica should be done, i'm just saying as soon as I see it in my rear view mirror, I think of all the Mexican teenagers around my area who flock to pick-a-part and slap on a black stock hood to make it look sweet or something.

Probably where you live, people aren't dumb enough to slap a stock black hood on a different color car, and expect it to look like Carbon Fiber. Around here, people do that, along with some other highly odd things (like taking an 80's Corolla and putting those thick ass Mexican tires on that poke 2 feet out of the fender well), and whenever I see something that resembles it, I automatically think cheap and unfinished.

I'm sorry if it came across as I didn't appreciate his work into the car, but if you see what I see around here, it's kind of hard to not generalize it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search