Opinions on Buick Grand National? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opinions on Buick Grand National?
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:03 AM
I have the opportunity to pick up a low mile (5000 original) Buick Grand National for only 5 grand. the car is in excellent condition. What are you guys thoughts and opinions on this car?

For those that do not know what this is slap yourselves. It is a 3.8 liter turbo V6 that buick came out with in the mid-late 80's.

I don't need no stinking SIG. Wait this is one.
DOH!

Re: Opinions on Buick Grand National?
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:09 AM
CAVolution wrote:For those that do not know what this is slap yourselves.

I think you are the one that needs to slap yourself! $5k? Do you even need to ASK?

On second thought... no, I don't think its worth it. You should just give me the info of the person selling it. I'll talk some sense into him...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:11 AM
the question i would ask is why only 5g's? a very low mileage gn should be worth two to four times that i would assume.
whats the catch?
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:21 AM
Juding by the low miles AND the low price, they are probably elderly and want to just get rid of the damn car.

Old people barely drive, and when they've put 4,000 miles on their car, they sell it for like $20.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:24 AM
if you didnt buy it your a dumb ass !!!!!!!!!!!

with 5,000 original miles , if the car looks as low as the milage is , he could prob ask 20-30 k and get it with out anyone giving it a second though

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:26 AM
Hehehehe just what i wanted to here.

I am driving it this afternoon and waiting on my loan to come through.

It looks gorgeous and the reason it is so cheap is the guy i work with just doesn't want it anymore.

I am excited to drive it. I have heard they are beasts.

Curious cause you guys seem to know more than me about them. What kinda 1/4's am i looking at factory?

DOH!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:48 AM
to paraphrase... well, you. if you dont buy this, slap yourself.

as for my opinion? i want two, just so i can say "look, i have two". one of the best looking cars that came out of the '80's IMO, and mean as hell.

1/4 mile times i believe are mid to low 14's, but im just guessing. i know lightly modded makes it to mid to low 13's. i know guys around here who are putting 25+ lbs of boost into a stock block.

again, just to really pound this in. im not asking you to slap yourself this time, but warning you that if you dont get this car you WILL be slapping yourself. however, if you dont buy it, tell the guy i'll buy it from him.

Andy

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:55 AM
25 lbs of boost = yummy. It will be getting all of the mods instead of my cavalier. So sad.

DOH!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:02 AM
yep, you're gonna be so sad you wont be able to wipe the grin from your face!

Andy

ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:05 AM
lol. Anyone know any GN forums that are as good as the JBO is for Cavies?

DOH!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:20 AM

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:28 AM
what he said^^^ im not doubting you but i really need to see the pics..

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:32 AM
hold up forget buying a house GIVE ME THE INFO

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:39 AM
Ok well i don't have it yet. This afternoon maybe. Give me time boys give me time!!!

You guys have really eased my mind about this purchase. Personally i had never heard of it before so i was skeptical, but after much research and the help of th eorg i feel i am buying the right car.

Thanx guys and pictures when it is in the driveway!!!

DOH!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:54 AM
Just keep in mind, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Make sure you have someone look it over that knows cars. I just can't imagine ANYONE selling a 5K orginal miles GN for 5K.

I'm sure there are specific GN forums out there, find one ASAP and find out what you should look for to see if this really is a deal.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:59 AM
I know the guy i am buying it from very well. Hell i work with him every day. Old dude in his 60's restores old cars all the time. If anything breaks he can help me fix it. I saw the car one day when he brought it to work. It is immaculate. I found out today he is selling it and is bringing it down in a few hours for me to drive and inspect really well.

gonna carfax it and all before he gets the cash from me. Also have setup an appointment with my mechanic to check it over for any possible mechanical failures. Thanx for the input guys.

DOH!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:09 PM
It might be too old for carfax to bring anything up, but send me the VIN over and I will run it for you. I have like 3.5 weeks left on a carfax acct.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:30 PM
buy it u stupid jamoke now.

-Borsty
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:31 PM
Ugh

BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT CAR ROCKS!!!!!!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:40 PM
Borsty wrote:buy it u stupid jamoke now.

you know if Borsty tells you to buy something other than an f-body, then it's a hell of a deal. screw carfax. hell, if that thing runs then it's a great buy, let alone in good shape.

Andy

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:43 PM
231 Cubes of Fury wrote:
Borsty wrote:buy it u stupid jamoke now.

you know if Borsty tells you to buy something other than an f-body, then it's a hell of a deal. screw carfax. hell, if that thing runs then it's a great buy, let alone in good shape.

Mwahaha .... AMEN.

Thats an 11th Commandment right there!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:48 PM
i think i will drive by and pick it up

other cars, better cars?
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:30 PM
whats a Grand National??????????????

NOT .................................COME ON STUPID Q's

Warning: Your sig is in violation of rules 4, 5 and 6. Change it before you post again.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:31 PM
buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it

Warning: Your sig is in violation of rules 4, 5 and 6. Change it before you post again.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:48 PM
Stupid banks trying to screw with me. I SWEAR!!!!!!

They say it is only worth 4900 when i have NADA and KBB sites saying it is worth 15K!!!!

So i have to wait for the loan officer to get in. Another agonizing hour without this car.

Just an update:

I drove the car. It is not 500 original miles it is 5000miles on the new fully built, all forged internals crate motor that just went in it. New Turbo that got put on less than a week ago and a new 200r4 transmission. Saw all reciepts and verified all work with the shops that did it. The guy selling it is an avid racer comes with all sorts of tuning software even is setup with propane injection!!!!! He has a dyno sheet of it pulling 368 WHP! and a 12.9 1/4 timeslip!!!

It needs to be painted and the interior needs some love but besides that this car is beautiful. It has 146000 on the odometer but even with that Bluebook is 14k average with 22k being the high! The bank is on crack. This is gonna be the longest hour of my life.

Oh and since BORSTY said to buy i am now triply confident lol. It was this or an LT1 camaro so

DOH!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search