What car rules the street now? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What car rules the street now?
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:56 PM
Back when I was in high school (1982-86) and college (86-91), there were just a few cars(in fairly large numbers) that were really the upper tier of performance. First the Mustang GT came along in 1982. Then the 1984 300ZX Turbo. Then the Camaro Z28 IROC in 1985. Then the Buick Regal Grand Nationals of 1986-87. Actually when the Buick Regal GN's & T-types and real rare GNX came along, they kinda of ruled the streets right into the 1990's in my opinion. Now days, there are so many cars that are fast, I cant tell which one can truly be said "Rules the streets". Any opinions?

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Re: What car rules the street now?
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:59 PM
corvettes and gtos. and anything with an LSx

-Borsty
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:59 PM
ls1 f-body. Well thats in my opinion.
But probably the sti or evo.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:07 PM
price range?

12psi and climbing......

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:32 PM
who @!#$ig cares about god damn price im sick of the stupid @!#$ agruments like

OMG YOU SPENT 25k ON AND F BODY/MUSTANG AND I SPEND 10K ON MY CAVALIER PLUS 3 GRAND FOR A TURBO OR SUPERCHARGER AND CAN KEEP UP WITH STOCK ONES NOW I WIN THE RACE TO SEE WHOS CAR WAS SLOWER STOCK AND WHO HAS LESS MONEY! GUESS WHAT EVEN IF U SMOKE AN FBODY BY 50 CAR LENGTHS YOU STILL LOSE AT LIFE KILL YOURSELFS

-Borsty
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:38 PM
hahaha i'm with Borsty on this one.

F-Body's = TEH WIN!!!11one!1!eleven!!!11!
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:39 PM
that should be yourselves

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:56 PM
The Chevy Cavalier rules with an iron fist !!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:30 PM
I think money is relevant in this topic...

also this is my opinion from what I see in my area, Schaumburg/chicago area....

for the cheap car the DSM's and swapped hatchs seem to be at the head of the pack

for the decent cars the f-bodys are on top, out by me if you see an LS1 F-body out at any of the gathering spots in schaumburg it has a TNT wet kit spray a 125 shot, I think it comes stock on f-bodys out here yet the evo's usually give them a good run for the money (we used to hang out with the AMS guys all the time, the amoutn of FAST cars that comes out of that shop is rediculous.... they have a camaro as there beater/parts delivery car hahaha) ubt yeah AMS is liek 15 minuets away form me so alot of there cars are running aorund locally. There are alot of LT1's cruising around that look stock with slicks that are cars you don't want to mess with hahaha (I remeber A.R.T.'s Lil 5.7, it was an LT1 T/A convertable everyone was afraid to race cause it sounded mean, well at the track they have a thing called the real street drags, street racing at a drag strip, no lights, no times, go off a flagger, cheat to win, ect.. and they have car lengths painted onto the track so you can spot people out up to 25 cars... there was a dokatoa 5.9 R/T with a supercharger bolt ons and drag radials, the T/A spoted the truck out the full 25 cars and let him take the hit... the LT1 luanched like it got rear ended by a train, even giving up 25 cars he absolutely RAPED the R/T, liek not even @!#$ close) theres quite a few fox bodies running aroudn that are preaty mean as well.

for the higher end cars the supra completely dominates this area.... I'm sure everyone has seen the videos of "Marko" in the insanely fast white supra... thats a local guy, need I say more

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:29 PM
money means @!#$ in this topic
Everyone knows that my car rules the streets right now
yes
thats right
the 88 horsepower auto stankwagon
end of discussion

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:35 PM
Here, theres a Lambo, i would want to think that rules the street where im at. Theres tons of rice, as well as old muscle too. Not too many hopped up J's, maybe a few, but im getting there.....slowly..

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:37 PM
The 2006 corvette Z06 will rule the streets and i wouldnt dout that.

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:59 PM
borsty is so right

Borsty wrote:who @!#$ig cares about god damn price im sick of the stupid @!#$ agruments like

OMG YOU SPENT 25k ON AND F BODY/MUSTANG AND I SPEND 10K ON MY CAVALIER PLUS 3 GRAND FOR A TURBO OR SUPERCHARGER AND CAN KEEP UP WITH STOCK ONES NOW I WIN THE RACE TO SEE WHOS CAR WAS SLOWER STOCK AND WHO HAS LESS MONEY! GUESS WHAT EVEN IF U SMOKE AN FBODY BY 50 CAR LENGTHS YOU STILL LOSE AT LIFE KILL YOURSELFS

i love u

Two wrongs don't make a right. Unless you're Chuck Norris.
Then two wrongs make a roundhouse kick to the face.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:18 PM
it seems really based on area. around here its a nice yellow 67ish mustang thats built n/a that is about the fastest car around right now, theres about 5 turbo hondas (2 crx, 1 94 si, and 2 old hatch) a honda with big shot of n2o (he walked a ws6), the formentioned ws6 and about 4 other late gen f-bods, an sti, a wrx with turbo (why not just buy an sti???), a teg or 2 that are quick, and soon to be my dsm (hopefully)

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 10:54 PM
eh, in general, probably f-bodies. around here there are about four f-bodies with around 400-450 horse. mean as hell. along with them, though (and you guys wont like this much) the '03-'04 cobra. those things are $#@!ing crazy. as soon as the C6 Z06 is out it'll dominate all, though.

Andy

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:12 AM
Quote:

who @!#$ig cares about god damn price im sick of the stupid @!#$ agruments like

no need to be a dick about it.^^ everyone here knows u have a thing for f bodies.

ok then probley the mclearn F1.. but since no one really has 1.4 million to spend on a car.. then give a decent price range to compare. we talking under 20k? under 100k?

are we talking stock? obviously a 502 in a 88 camaro would take a ls1.

10K+3k for a turbo=stock f body price. obvisously u can build a cheaper car to be faster then something like that.. thats why i asked about price range or stock.

if were talking stock car at a price that an average person can afford. (under 30k im gonna assume)
then probley a cobra/LS1 or an evo/sti

12psi and climbing......

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:50 AM
I OWNS ALL YOUS BITCHES MUHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!....

lol J/K... IMO EVO @!#$ owns.

Till the hood comes off, till the gas runs out, Till my legs give out, can't shut my mouth, Till the smoke clears out - am I high? Perhaps
I'ma boost this @!#$, till the rods collapse
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:32 AM
John H [Cavalierkid wrote:]

no need to be a dick about it.^^ everyone here knows u have a thing for f bodies.

ok then probley the mclearn F1.. but since no one really has 1.4 million to spend on a car.. then give a decent price range to compare. we talking under 20k? under 100k?

are we talking stock? obviously a 502 in a 88 camaro would take a ls1.

10K+3k for a turbo=stock f body price. obvisously u can build a cheaper car to be faster then something like that.. thats why i asked about price range or stock.

if were talking stock car at a price that an average person can afford. (under 30k im gonna assume)
then probley a cobra/LS1 or an evo/sti

im not even talking to you, jus in general when i see that argument it pisses me off

were talking about everyday cars u see on occassion, personally ive never seen a mclaren ever, but i see like 20-15 vettes fbodys and gtos a day.

and a 502 wont nessisarily take an ls1 depending on hows its built.

-Borsty
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:16 AM
How about the Syclone & Typhoon of the Early 90's?

Go Ugly, EARLY!

The ONLY real Close Air Support!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:38 AM
My comments are just in reference to my area (southern Pennsylvania):

As of right now, a lot of built SR powered 240sx's have been popping up quite a bit lately that have been surprising a lot of people. Other than that, the f-bodies and SRT-4's have been ruling the streets for the past year or so.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:25 AM
WEEZL wrote:How about the Syclone & Typhoon of the Early 90's?

I like how you think but most people my buddy meats with his phoon wont race because, 1. you dont see them too often and are afraid. 2. Just think its a dropped jimmy. Its a fun thruck though.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:42 AM
Geo Metros pwn everything.

My moms van is the shiz

Frank Serpico: The reality is that we do not wash our own laundry - it just gets dirtier.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:05 AM
I think in regards to this question it has to be the LS1 hands down.

Its not saying "cheapest to mod" or "fastest stock" or anything else. Just, what car has a ton of fast cars on the street and is a benchmark for many of the other cars to measure.

No import can touch this because they just were not produced in the big enough #'s.
So that cancels out supras, awd dsms,300zx and others

Most newer cars can't as you don't see that many on the streets AS COMPARED to an LS1.
I just don't see the high enough numbers of 03-04 cobras, evos,stis etc to warrant the title.

I think the closest to the LS1 right now are probaly the cobra due to crazy modability and power and dsms to to awd launch on the streets and cheap speed factor.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:04 AM
Around me there are still tons of grand nationalsor t-types all over the place. So I say they rule the streets around here, but there are some late 80's mustang 5.0's that are giving them a run for there money. No real love for 4 bangers.

There are always that one SRT4, that one GST, and that one supercharged s2000 around here put they do not rule the streets around here. IMO

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:11 PM
If you start bringing in modified cars into this it would be a different car in every location.

In my opinion, North America its the Corvette. Off the lot, performance for the dollar, you can't get better. Which is why there's so many out there, thus... king of the streets.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search