Ultimate C6 (Blue Devil) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ultimate C6 (Blue Devil)
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:27 AM

2005 Le Mans class winner Jan Magnussen is turning faster-than-Z06 laps in the Blue Devil at Nurburgring.

General Motors vice chairman Bob Lutz won’t confirm this car exists, but he is not saying it doesn’t.
"Let’s just say (Corvette chief engineer) Dave Hill is not a guy who likes playing second fiddle to any high-performance car on the road," said Lutz. "My guess is we’re going to find a way to do something beyond the Z06, that would be at a much higher price point, and which would compete with some of the leading high-performance cars of the world."
Lutz said the car may be delayed while the company focuses most of its engineering might on pulling ahead profit-making vehicles like its next-generation large sport/utilities and pickups.
"But there is certainly no lack of desire on anyone’s part to establish the supremacy of the Corvette," says Lutz.
Spied on the Nurbürgring, Blue Devil appears to be living up to the earlier hype. Eyewitnesses said the car sounds supercharged, confirming reports the engine is likely a blown version of the Z06’s 7.0-liter V8, producing upward of 600 hp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight to about 2900 pounds.
Pricing will likely start somewhere around $100,000 if and when the car makes production in 2006.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Ultimate C6 (Blue Devil)
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:36 AM
i want one

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:45 AM
Quote:

Lutz said the car may be delayed while the company focuses most of its engineering might on pulling ahead profit-making vehicles like its next-generation large sport/utilities and pickups.

ARRGH.. it hurts to read that.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:40 AM
HOLY CRAP!! Look at the stance of that car.. Looks mean as hell!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:17 PM
That's sick as hell. I'd think they'd need a bigger hood bulge or something to clear the huffer under the hood. Chevy would have some balls to bring that player out on the field.

What do you think they'd call that? '06 ZL1?

-------------------------
Tom
1999 Cavalier Z/24 ATX
1995 Taurus SHO MTX
1999 Chrysler 300M w/PHP

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:24 PM
Yea, the stance and the steam roller rear tires! I would hope they put carbon/ceramic brakes on it too, along with MORE than 600 hp, DA penske remote resivor shocks, some wind tunnel tested aero pices for the 200+ mph stints and whatever else they can fit into the 100k + price tag .

13.934 @ 97.82 ALL MOTOR
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:17 PM
HECKS YEAH!!!

But I would call it the "Blue Flame" to pay homage to the original 'Vettes

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:19 PM
got any high res pics i want that asmy background. that is a mean lookin 'vette

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:49 PM
I don't like all the rake. They definately need to drop the back end down.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:43 PM
??
why, if they are tunning it for Nur, it needthat much of a rake for those lonk 200+mph straights

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:46 PM
Zach wrote:I don't like all the rake. They definately need to drop the back end down.

The car can also be under braking before a turn

I am the biggest Corvette fanatic there is. Me and my family have owned them our whole lifes, and if this car makes me smile. I have to talk to my friend from GMPD to see if this is really true. I read about this earlier today, nice post.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:15 AM
^^^
Actually that car looks stopped. Or he has the best camera ever, one of the two.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:46 PM
blue flame was what the inline 6cyl motor is , and thats way no worth any mention compaired to this vette

this vette is bad asssssss

Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:57 PM
MONGOOSE(TheL61) wrote:^^^
Actually that car looks stopped. Or he has the best camera ever, one of the two.

I am going for the best camera ever part per this . . .

We all know that there are Vettes that already make way more power than what this car will, but having GM finally make a car like this from the factory, that'll be nice.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:03 PM
good eye

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:15 PM
Thank you, and my over-priced graphic software that cleared it up a bit.

There is a Vette collector here in town, need to ask him if he is going to pick up one of these, the sad thing is, if he does, it'll be a trailer queen.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:51 AM
According to British magazine Autocar, this "Corvette from hell" is already being fine-tuned at the Nurburgring, where Danish driver Jan Magnussen - a Le Mans GT1 winner aboard the Corvette C6.R - has turned laps in the 7:40s range. A racing version of a Porsche 911 Turbo won the pole for this year’s 24 Hours of the Nurburgring with a time of 8:30s...

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, July 22, 2005 12:04 AM
goddamn
7:40

that is crazy

Friday, July 22, 2005 1:39 AM
600 HP on a 2900 lb car? That's insane...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, July 22, 2005 3:42 PM
Definately ultimate Vette....I mean that track time is amazing. When it comes out they can do a new version of the old WS6 Firebird commercial. They could have the Vette eating a Lambo or Ferrari.

"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding"
Friday, July 22, 2005 4:22 PM
the car has been built for about two years now and there is a company in texas that will take your new 06 c-6 with the stock 6.0 under the hood punch it out and stroke it to the same 427 ci. and producing the same 600 hp on pump gas with NO blower. if i remember correctly the whole deal will run you another 20 grand on top of the purchace price of your new c-6. monday when i get back to work i'll go thru my auto week mags and find the exact article.

the blue devil is cool but it was the pre runner for next years Z-06 i remember reading
about it in auto week a while ago. and yes the fenders are carbon fiber in fact they need to be ancored down so they wont fly away when the paint sprayer hits them. hows
that for light weight for ya?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 2:44 PM
Expanding on what mr goodwrench quoted above, here are some pics of the RECORD holding Vette. Anyone with GT4 or Forza knows how technical that track is to.

Gotta love Michigan plates in Germany!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 4:40 PM
Also gotta love the fact that nothing built in Germany can touch it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:24 PM
RkSport 2003 wrote:

Vette + air = *drool*

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:30 PM
nothing in germany can touch it? hmm im sure there are a few porsche 911 gt1s that were made back in the day that would have there way with the vette.
But gad damn that is the sweetest vette ever. If that comes out, i think we might see a horsepower war. Over seas competitors like ferrari may have to step it up a notch. Maybe a 600 hp f430 is needed
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search