Bought a new car today. Pics inside. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bought a new car today. Pics inside.
Saturday, May 16, 2009 7:33 PM

29 city, 36 highway. Its my wifes commuter car, 60 miles a day. Gets more than twice the mileage of the jeep we traded in.
So we're gonna save 150 a month on gas and insurance is only 8 dollars more per month. And, secretly.... its fun to drive!

Re: Bought a new car today. Pics inside.
Saturday, May 16, 2009 8:37 PM
i was relieved when u said its the wifes car then the fun to drive made me cry........................ congrats on being smart and getting a fuel saving car tho man

Saturday, May 16, 2009 9:12 PM
Resurrected J wrote:i was relieved when u said its the wifes car then the fun to drive made me cry........................ congrats on being smart and getting a fuel saving car tho man

Its pretty comical to see her car next to mine..... I use all the gas she saves........

Saturday, May 16, 2009 9:36 PM
I was SO damn close to buying a 5 spd in black about 6 months ago. But, it was almost 15K and had 0 equipment onboard. To me it just wasn't worth it.

However, they are nice cars and I had a lot of fun on the test drive! Surprisingly pepppy and they have pretty decent aftermarket support.
Saturday, May 16, 2009 9:49 PM
i think they pull man cards for those , LMAO

i do agree with some of them little crap boxes being fun , aveo's , metro's , swift's , and so on ..................................

nice chunk of gas savings

Saturday, May 16, 2009 9:53 PM
Hellion179 wrote:I was SO damn close to buying a 5 spd in black about 6 months ago. But, it was almost 15K and had 0 equipment onboard. To me it just wasn't worth it.

However, they are nice cars and I had a lot of fun on the test drive! Surprisingly pepppy and they have pretty decent aftermarket support.

Yeah, this ones a 5 speed too. I've been checking out some aftermarket stuff tonight, and its tempting me. Obviously im not gonna make it a drag car, but it may be hard to resist some suspension mods..........

Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:56 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]i think they pull man cards for those , LMAO

i do agree with some of them little crap boxes being fun , aveo's , metro's , swift's , and so on ..................................

nice chunk of gas savings
My dad had a 91 Corolla. I had a lot of fun driving it. It was like the missing link between a dune buggy and an actual car.

Monday, May 18, 2009 2:27 AM
KG wrote:
Resurrected J wrote:i was relieved when u said its the wifes car then the fun to drive made me cry........................ congrats on being smart and getting a fuel saving car tho man

Its pretty comical to see her car next to mine..... I use all the gas she saves........

Haha no @!#$ you do. What I like to do is downshifting and letting loose next to a prius. Just lets them know i'm making up for their carbon footprint.

Monday, May 18, 2009 8:59 AM
good choice...did you get the pq package (power windows, locks etc)?

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Monday, May 18, 2009 9:14 AM
yeah ive driven one of those and personally think they are cheap little pieces of @!#$ that drive like crap

but congrats on your purchase

Monday, May 18, 2009 3:41 PM
indibluemini3 (aka navycav3) wrote:yeah ive driven one of those and personally think they are cheap little pieces of @!#$ that drive like crap

but congrats on your purchase

lol, great post. Sorry its no bmw made mini >:o

Monday, May 18, 2009 8:32 PM
well i actually want going to buy it, my brother was, and yes its no mini but i just hate the way the car is made, you just can tell toyota didnt put a whole lot of time and money into it

i just think you can get better for the money, but hey, im not the one driving or buying it

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:29 PM
This one right here would have been the win!

Okay I lied!

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0706_turp_project_toyota_yaris/photo_11.html

But either way good little cars. I'm sure your wife enjoys it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:33 PM
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:52 PM
^^ i disagree

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search